Thin Fridge and Gas Stove ? (26" or less)

I have a unique problem. The door and stairways leading down to my basement are only 26" wide. I'm hoping to fit a upright fridge/freezer and gas stove down there to add a second kitchen area to the house.
Does anyone know if any companies manufacture stoves or fridges thin enough to fit down the opening?
Thanks in advance.
snipped-for-privacy@usbank.com
ErikColeman wrote:

fridge/freezer
Hi,
You can always go 24" gas range and have seen some refrigerators that are exactly 26" wide and a few smaller.
This place can help with both....
http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid7925909&siteid@755295&bfpage=refrigeration
Most do for apartments or campers. You may or may not have to special order them. Here is an example.
http://www.sanyo.com/appliances/refrigerators/index.cfm?productID#5
Hi, Erik.
Another option I've had to use in the past is to remove door(s) and pull doorway trim, to accomodate furniture, etc. Can gain you a couple of inches. Not so unique a situation, especially with older buildings.
HTH, John
ErikColeman wrote:

fridge/freezer
On 2 May 2005 14:25:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sme-online.com wrote:

Litton makes several models of 24" gas and electric ranges. So does Brown Stove Works/Five-Star. I believe Sears can order the Litton ranges and may also have Kenmore versions.
Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to see if I can't sqeeze a couple extra inches by removing the door frame. After doing some more digging though I found quite a few models that will work with the existing dimensions.

Taking the doors off the appliance as well as the house helps, too.