Thicker Air filter cost more 4 hydro - Furnace

You would think that the more expensive thick air filters,make it harder for the air to be pushed though it. So it would cost more money on electricity? Is that correct?
lbbs wrote:

well any blockage will cost more, but if you want a dirty a/c system then dont use any filters at all.....

for
I get my filters from WW Grainger when they are on sale. I go with the 1 inch pleated ASHRME (sp?) high rated. About 4 bucks each when ya buy a dozen for my size. They say they will last 60-90 days I change them when they are 30 days old

for
No. Thickness does not equal air resistance.
Many "thick" air cleaners have less resistance than thin ones. They often have much higher surface area and may filter better, longer and have less resistance. It all depends on design.
I might add that the difference in the cost of electricty is likely to be very small.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math