thickening additive for roundup

Hi everyone. Hope your holiday weekend is off to a good start. I remember reading a post here a while back where someone mentioned that HD or Lowe's sell additives to make round up thicker so it sticks to the leaves of certain plants. I have bamboo that sprouts everywhere, and when using roundup, it just runs right off the leaves, even when I make it a high concentrate/thicker mixture. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing and if so where can I get it, I haven't seen it at either place I mentioned above? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Eric and Megan Swope

Soap.

HTH :-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Soap is a good suggestion, but it is a surfactant, not a thickener. It reduces surface tension in the liquid, and lets the roundup spread out on the leaf, as opposed to beading and running off.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

I recall an advertisement for either a new version of Round-UP® or another product, not an additive.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You don't want a "thickening", what you want is a surfactant. Lacking buying one specifically for the purpose, a small amount of detergent works well for the purpose.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

spreader sticker It's a surficant Joy dish detergent works too.

Reply to
Jmagerl

I would think thinned laundry starch or cornstarch will be a very cheap and ecologically correct thickener for the herbicide.

Reply to
PaPaPeng