Thick Cedar Lattice

Hi there,
I am looking for thick square cedar lattice. I have seen some pictures with really thick (1 inch to 2 inch) square cedar lattice. I
have phoned many lumber yards around the Toronto area but they only have the typical thickness (3/8 inch) which I find looks flimsy and come apart after time. Does anyone know where I can get thicker cedar lattice or have it made (within the Toronto area).
Thanks
Duke1973 wrote:

How can you tell from a "picture" how thick said lattice is? You could put together two of the available units to make a thicker one. Otherwise, it would be a simple project to construct a lattice of any design you wish. What skills do you have??
This is the picture that I am looking at. It looks as though the lattice is at least 1-2 inch thick. This looks like it would be difficult to make.
http://www.prowellwoodworks.com/fences/fence_12.htm
I thought about just gluing two peices together but they most likely would not line up properly.
Lawrence wrote:

Duke1973 wrote:

fence which is constructed in place, piece by piece. That is the strategy you should take if you want a fence like that. Lawrence

You're not going to find that in a generic store, but any competent woodworker should be able to make it for you. It should be done as a whole bunch of mortice and tennon joints, but that's pretty labor intensive, and from their description, I'm betting that everything except the main support posts is a bunch of half-laps.

I'm not in your area, but no doubt somebody will direct you.
This is a weird suggestion from a low-skills critter:
If you can't get it custom cut, how about gluing several 3/8 lattices together to get the thickness you want? You would need to use an all-weather glue for your lovely rainy season.
Good luck...
aspasia
I have 10 sections I use now, bought at HD.
So why if they are 1/2" thinner, none are as thick as you want, are they NG.