They wouldn't let me burn pressure-treated lumber scrap in the campfire

What happens if we burn pressure-treated wood scraps in the campfire?
you die
in message

    The stuff they use is designed to kill molds etc. It is highly toxic and is released for you to inhale when it is burned.
Kat Rabun wrote:

Perhaps if you were to find out what chemicals are used to pressure-treat your wood scraps, you would have a better idea as to why you don't want to vaporize them and place them into your immediate environment.
Jon
If is so toxic how come old people live longer then most of people today and when I said old I mean 200+ years ago when there was no other source but wood?
in message

Huh?
Even as soon as one hundred years ago live spans were roughly 30 - 45 years. 200 years ago it was surely less than that. Now it's well over 60.
In addition we're talking about pressure treated wood, treated with modern day chemicals.
What are you talking about when you say "there was no other source but wood?"

Because of advances in medicine. Take away doctors, nurses and hospitals and see what happens. Pressure treated wood is treated with various chemicals to kill life- forms. Humans are a life-form.

Because back then people _didn't_ live longer than today. Yes there were a few exceptions but not anywhere near as many as there are today.
Do you _really_ think that burning wood is the only thing that kills people?
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

What kills more people each year, zombies or burning wood?
Jon
TAXES Dud don't you know it