They wouldn't let me burn pressure-treated lumber scrap in the campfire

What happens if we burn pressure-treated wood scraps in the campfire?

Reply to
Kat Rabun

you die "Kat Rabun" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net...

Reply to
Roemax

Perhaps if you were to find out what chemicals are used to pressure-treat your wood scraps, you would have a better idea as to why you don't want to vaporize them and place them into your immediate environment.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

The stuff they use is designed to kill molds etc. It is highly toxic and is released for you to inhale when it is burned.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

If is so toxic how come old people live longer then most of people today and when I said old I mean 200+ years ago when there was no other source but wood?

"Kat Rabun" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net...

Reply to
Grumpy

Huh?

Even as soon as one hundred years ago live spans were roughly 30 - 45 years. 200 years ago it was surely less than that. Now it's well over

  1. In addition we're talking about pressure treated wood, treated with modern day chemicals.

What are you talking about when you say "there was no other source but wood?"

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"Grumpy" wrote in news:EdI9n.11802$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.iad:

These days everything is toxic. Back then, did they have pressure treated wood?

Reply to
Noahbuddy

Because of advances in medicine. Take away doctors, nurses and hospitals and see what happens. Pressure treated wood is treated with various chemicals to kill life- forms. Humans are a life-form.

Reply to
Jack Hammer

Because back then people _didn't_ live longer than today. Yes there were a few exceptions but not anywhere near as many as there are today.

Do you _really_ think that burning wood is the only thing that kills people?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

What kills more people each year, zombies or burning wood?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

TAXES Dud don't you know it