They're not really DTV converters !

Page 2 of 3

This guy also needs tinfoil underwear.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Dave Bugg wrote:

Tinfoil isn't to easy to find these days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinfoil
Aluminum foil seems to be the material of choice now:
http://zapatopi.net/afdb /
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

No, That's too easy. They read you mind and beam that to the mother ship........

Of course they don't. Only a paranoid conspiracy theory nut would think that. Oh BTW, you really should not be using the computer in your underwear but if you must, the red boxers are much sharper than the ones you are wearing tonight. .
On Thu, 15 May 2008 16:34:15 -0700, David Nebenzahl

They don't actually. It's wireless nanotechnology. When the converter box is first activated (which must be done physically, not by remote) the box downloads little nanometer-scale robots into your nervous system in order to monitor your activities. The nanobots use the converter remote to return information from you. At the same time, nanomachines are sent into the powerline to find a suitable path for sending this information to the government. Some government agency now has complete information on your sexual and dope preferences.
Returning the coupons without using them leads to a visit (usually at 3AM) from an undisclosed secret agency to implant the nanospies.
BTW, common side effects of nanobot infestation include serious rectal itch and loss of the ability to appreciate beer.
honestly i wouldnt be surprised, with our moron in the white house nothing would shock me:(
ive wondered before if this digital could be a way to get a pic and sound from you if the tv was designed for it. lucas
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Uh......ok.
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Dave Bugg wrote:

You'll have to excuse him: NNTP-Posting-Host: localhost.webtv.net Mime-Version: 1.0 (WebTV)
Heh!
--

I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

lame troll
On May 15, 9:10pm, snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com wrote:

. Somebody needs to tell this paranoiac OP as follows;
"Just because someone has an irrational fear that someone is out get them doesn't meant that someone ISN'T out to get them"! :-)
snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com wrote:

1. Are you saying we should instead buy a much more expensive HDTV to protect our privacy?
2. Do you sell HDTVs?
3. Are you in constant contact with the Sputnik Forces, perhaps not willingly?
snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com wrote:

Someone forgot to put on their tin foil hat today and the cosmic rays; No wait it's the UN black helicopters or is it the aliens? I can't keep track.
--
Tom Horne

Tom Horne wrote:

Hmmm, He forgot to know that he can mod. the box so he can watch what the government is upto watching him, LOL! When I mod. mine they never watched me again!
my point was that these converters and maybe just plain ol digital equipment could be used selectively to see and hear in the area of the tv or converter. kind like th big brother can watch you if your suspected of something or if some ass gives an anonomous tip to police.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

M'kay.
Ya gotta love them WebTVers. ROTFLOL!!!
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Well just doing a quick search of these boxes, I found 14 different manufacturers of these. That would be a *LOT* of different people involved with manufacturing the boxes.
Now who are these people? Well they are just like you and I. Do you really think that with so many people involved with manufacturing a product like this that the government would be able to include a listening device and no one would alert the media? That they could keep it a secret?
The government keeps secrets by not having very many people involved with a project. Say only 2 manufacturers of something. And many times the secrets leak out anyway.
I'll bet if you search around, you will be able to find schematic wiring diagrams of some of these converter boxes on the internet. Everything in the box electronics there for anyone to see.
Then you have people like me who like to take things apart to see what is inside when I buy it. I know electronics. If I did this and noticed something fishy, I would quickly post a message on the internet commenting on what I found.
Then there are electronic technicians and service people who repair things like this. Not a group of people to keep things secret!
Bottom line, too many people involved for any secret listening devices to be included in this device.
Also each device would need to have a unique number so just that device could be turned on to listen. And "they" would need to know which house had a specific device so "they" could activate the device at that house (and not activate the box at a neighbor's house). Well you can pay cash for one of these boxes and not ever give your name or address. So how would they know what box you had to activate it?
The government might not be the spying entity here (they don't have the needed bandwidth), whereas if you replace "government converter box" with "CABLETV digital converter box", those that have a magnetic recording media card plugged in, well then there is something that is suspect. The CABLETV company has the bandwidth via the fiberoptic cable network and is also able to identify your installation and control what goes in and what comes back out of their converter box at each TV receiver. We should feel safer with the government sponsored converter box compared with what is provided, at a monthly fee, by the CABLETV industry. Only one government converter box is needed per household; simply place it in line with your outdoor TV antenna and feed all household TV receivers that are on the cable line.
On Mon, 19 May 2008 05:42:52 -0700, "Bill"

Only one government converter box is needed per

That will work just fine as long as all you want to watch is the same channel on every TV.
Don

As a matter of fact, two government vouchers per household are now or in the future made available. At my end, there are two people and two (analog tuner) TV receivers.
We are, reluctantly, on CableTV subscription service and recently lost ten channels at one TV due to just one CableTV converter box being provided to us at no cost (at this time) .
I spent some time reading and downloading articles about DTV, etc. this morning. My argument is with the CableTelevision Industry, rather than Big Brother.
I might need to put up a 50 foot tower and go SatTV soon after my main (1986 era) TV receiver finally goes down. It has a problem with its internal analog tuner as well as a HV problem now.