They're not really DTV converters !

Page 1 of 3
These boxes that the government is giving us $40 coupons for supposedly DTV converters are not really DTV converters !
Yes, they do convert a digital tv signal to analog, but at what price. The price is actually your privacy. What they don't tell you is that these "converters" are actually spy devices, developed so the government can tune in on any household at any time and watch your activities, as well as monitoring your spending habits, television show preferences, and other personal details which will allow them to sell these lists to marketers to promote their goods to matched markets. That is why when you sign up for your DTV coupon(s) you provide your name and address, they then give you a card with a one of a kind number, and when you purchase your approved converter, the store must register the serial number of that converter to match your government coupon. Thus, that serial number becomes your personal code with which the government can track you.
But it does not stop there. These devices do actually allow the government to obtain your financial data, and even watch you in your own home, and hear you speaking. When they said "big brother is watching" years ago, no one fathomed what was to come. Big brother has arrived, and lives right on top of your television. The government can hone in on anyone at any time. They could be watching YOU right now, if you have your DTV converter. This box may have only cost you ten dollars more than the value of the coupon, but you'll pay dearly wiht your privacy and freedoms for the rest of your life.
The only way to prevent this infringement of our privacy is to refuse to purchase these converters, If you already ordered your coupons, send them back when you receive them, marked "return to sender, person unknown".
Please pass this message on to others .....
Big brother is watching you !!!!
On 5/15/2008 4:10 PM snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com spake thus:

Are you saying that these boxes have built-in video cameras to be used to spy on us?
conversation with the average voter.

Why do I have the feeling that the OP probably has his own personal black helicopter following him around?

YMMV ?
What a freakin idiot.
To say the government is spying on us through HD converters is moronic.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BRUCE) wrote in 3136.bay.webtv.net:

yeah,I'm sure the gov't wants to be looking in on a bunch of dumpy old couchpotatoes in their underwear....there's SO much to see.
(yeeccchhh!)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On May 16, 7:30am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BRUCE) wrote:

I'd love to hear his explanation of how a few hundred people can keep tabs on, let alone control, over THREE HUNDRED MILLION. Where are the teams of shock troops dragging my neighbors out of their homes in the middle of the night? Why did they let those meth labs operate in my neighborhood for over a decade? Where is my black helicopter? I want a BLACK HELICOPTER!!!
--WebTV-Mail-19489-13301 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
What the hell you doin' in here, Bruce !
Don't ya know that anyone from WebTV is an idiot .......... ?
--WebTV-Mail-19489-13301 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-19489-13301--
J O E wrote:

Especially when they throw in a buncha html crap.
Gawd, why hasn't Webtv died yet?
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

On 5/16/2008 1:53 PM Dave Bugg spake thus:

Well, whaddya know, looks like Micro$oft bought it: http://webtv.com/pc
I guess old Bill hasn't driven the wooden stake through the heart of the monster yet ...
conversation with the average voter.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

...Sigh...
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

David Nebenzahl wrote:

This "wooden stake through the heart" business is pure Hollywood bullshit!
If you read Bram Stoker's book, "Dracula," you find the only way to dispose of a vampire is to drive a BOWIE KNIFE through the creature's heart - not some pissant tent-peg!
I'm in Texas. We have a lot of Bowie knives in this state and virtually no vampire problem.

My friend kept a machete and never had a kangaroo problem in the front yard...
HeyBub wrote:

Bowies are good. I prefer a khukri myself..... good for lopping off heads or sticking through hearts.
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Mr Bowie would be proud! The term "multitasking" was not yet coined.
Oren wrote:

Each area has its own legends, customs, and traditions.
For example, Massachusetts hasn't had a witch problem since 1692.

Nobody in Miami, FL is allowed to tie an alligator to a fire hydrant on Sunday. It is law from last century.
BRUCE wrote:

True. They already do it through monitoring our Internet connections, cell phones, land lines, credit & debit card statements, bank transactions, etc... Why would they need another method?
--

I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I found his picture:
http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg
--
Dave www.davebbq.com

Some guys at MIT with a little too much time on their hands actually did the math and announced that tin foil is likely to amplify the radio waves in the UHF frequencies most often populated by governments. Don't know if they have looked at the 800 MHZ trunking systems that have proliferated more recently.