They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

Page 7 of 16  


so what?

you mean bulkhead seats, which are very desirable to frequent fliers because of the additional legroom and that there's nobody in front to recline into their space.
bulkheads are also *just* behind first/business class seats, with pax who are paying premium fares.
not that it matters a whole lot, since a screaming baby can be heard in the entire cabin.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/22/2016 9:54 AM, nospam wrote:

Never bothered me on a plane. Babies can't help it. Only time is like at a restaurant where the parent can take the kid and do what has to be done to stop them but ignorantly chooses not to. .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Some idiots are self centered without any regard to others.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[...]

Never bothered us either, while we have made many (several dozen) of very long flights (Europe to Australia, some 14+9 hours in each direction).
What however bothers me a lot are crybabies and there are a lot of those, especially in this thread!
[...]
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:43:10 +1300, Your Name wrote:

Eating a banana is probably more distracting than not eating a banana while driving.
So what?
That doesn't mean it's causing accidents.
In fact, since nobody can find the accidents, it's pretty clear that using a cellphone doesn't cause accidents any more than eating a banana does.
You are clearly not a scientist. The school system has failed you.
If you actually vote, I'm scared.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/2016 1:32 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Couldn't agree more. When I'm in the car, I drive. I pay a lot of attention to other drivers, since I can't control what they do, I want to be sure that I'm aware of what they're doing. I do not talk on the phone when I'm driving, even though I can answer my phone without touching it. Nothing is that important to me.
Sometimes I think people are stupid. They think they have some super power to not get hurt. Why do people go hiking, and take their phone? Makes no sense to me at all.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:38:32 -0600, SeaNymph wrote:

Huh?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I suspect he ommitted a 'not'.
--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/16, 13:58, SeaNymph wrote:

It's the new normal.
--
++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====++
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., < snipped-for-privacy@Wearthlink.net> ||
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/2016 7:09 PM, AV3 wrote:

It's only the "new normal" if people accept it as being so.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
SeaNymph;3501251 Wrote: > On 1/20/2016 7:09 PM, AV3 wrote:-

Totally agree with you. It all depends on what your definition of "normal" is
--
johnmondin81


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/21/2016 8:35 AM, johnmondin81 wrote:

That's true, and of course, it's about what people are willing to overlook and tolerate I suppose.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:39:20 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

How do you know that? Or, are you just guessing?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It's just communication. Do you object to people talking to each other face to face? How about phoning each other? What's the difference? It's all communication. What about people like you who chat on newsgroups?
--
Seen on a tap in a Finnish washroom:
To stop the drip, turn cock to right.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 1/20/2016 8:10 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Not that simple. Two people talking in the car is less distracting and as the driver you can easily ignore the other person whule your brain copes with the traffic condition of that moment. Same with ignoring the radio.
Phone conversations can be more intense. Less so for a quick call to pick up bread on the way home than trying to give tech support on a broken machine.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Firstly I was talking about the objection of people using phones while standing in the pavement.
Secondly I disagree, a phone conversation is just talking, it's not "more intense". The only difference is the person is not visible. In fact with someone in the passenger seat you might be tempted to look at them while speaking. Since that's not possible on a phone, a phonecall is LESS distracting.
--
Cindy once remarked to her dentist that she didn't know what would be worse - having a baby, or having a tooth pulled.
The Dentist replied, "Well make up your mind, Cindy - because I need to know which way to position the chair."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Your second paragraph explains my point well. Only a complete and utter moron will prioritise a phonecall over driving. In everyday life, we are constantly prioritising without even thinking about it. And there is no reason to penalise sensible folk by making it illegal to do two things at once, just because a few morons are incapable of it. If I'm driving along with my phone to my ear, and I need to swerve round something, I will simply drop the phone. I have done so in the past.
--
Only public user defined types defined in public object modules can be used
as parameters or return types for public procedures of class modules or as
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

exactly.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That doesn't magically negate or refute his first paragraph. A person on the other end of a phone line doesn't have eyes on the road or environment around the car, and cannot react to changing circumstances the way a passenger can.
--
E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter.
I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

They don't need to, the driver does that, with a higher priority than the conversation.
--
I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.