They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

Page 16 of 16
On 11/02/2016 20:54, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

He's more of a dick than you thought ;-)
--
Bod

I don't know. My estimation of how big a dickhead this buffoon is, was considerable.

Read after the comma. Or menstrual cycle if your American.
--
Seen in a health food store:
Shoplifters will be beaten over the head with an organic carrot.

That is utterly impossible. You cannot form laughter into geometric shapes.
--
"Sir, your daughter says she loves me, she can't live without me, and wants to marry me."
"And you're asking my permission to marry her?"

No, it is not. You lack logic and reasoning abilities required to have such an IQ.

On Jan 23, 2016, Mr Macaw wrote

drive,

you

Except when you are rear-ended, or T-boned by texting fool.

...and yet cyclists still suffer severe, often fatal, head injuries when head meets curb, or vehicle windshield.

accident

So?

Cite.

If there is nobody else on the road.
--

Regards,
Savageduck
On 1/21/2016 2:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Funny thing happened today as I was at a light waiting for light to change. I was in the left turn lane facing north, and the highway traffic coming off the highway heading across my path showed a police car going past me and the cop driving was talking on his cell phone.
I just shook my head as I watched him drive past me.
--
Maggie

Simple: Hands free technology *reduces* distraction. Eliminating it altogether would be nice, but is impractical in reality. It's a step in the right direction. Autonomous cars cannot get here fast enough for me.

I have to disagree with that conclusion since it happens fairly quickly and doesn't require as much cognitive distraction as other things. Having sex while driving would be *much* worse, for instance. ; ) I can tell you from direct observation that even something seemingly innocuous as someone discussing complex details of a software defect and remedy while driving is extremely distracting and dangerous. I was once on a conference call where a coworker almost hit a school bus while trying to describe an integration issue to the rest of the team. People do all sorts of asinine distracting and potentially dangerous things while driving. Sneezing doesn't seem like it should be very high on that list to me.

Even sillier than you usually manage.
In fact car accidents are the main cause of death between the ages of 1 and 70 now.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Nope, the reason for that is better designed roads and cars which make accidents much more survivable.

You can keep spewing that bare faced lie till you are blue in the face if you like, it stays a bare faced lie.

Just another bare faced lie.

Just another bare faced lie. Most aren't actually stupid enough to text while driving.
On 1/18/2016 2:44 PM, Jack Black wrote:

Another article: < http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20160119/program-at-business-academy-in-new-haven-opens-students-eyes-about-texting-and-driving?source=email >