They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

Page 13 of 16

wrong.

lvp

I have a degree in it.

Same as an airbag, crumple zone, countless other pessimistic protection devices, etc, etc, ad nauseum. You don't need them unless you're going fast. If you feel safe at 70mph with a seatbelt, you should feel safe at 30mph without one.
... likely because you're a stereotypical stubborn dumbass and

I'm British and consider all Americans stupid. Why did you use an American insult if you're not an American?

It SHOULD be up to me. The law stupidly thinks people must be protected form themselves.

I agree. In fact I don't think there should be ANY free medicine. Healthy people shouldn't pay for others' misfortune. But if we are going to have a fee health service, then charge for things which you could have avoided.

Agreed, as long as they DON'T get any punishment for driving while drunk and NOT hitting anyone.
Instead of doing people for speeding, why don't we do people for crashing? Consider two people: Mr Smith drives at 90mph on the motorways and has zero accidents in his whole driving life. Mr Jones sticks to the sped limit everywhere, never breaks any laws, but isn't so observant and has a crash every few years. Which person would you rather be removed from the road or punished? That's right, it's Mr Jones, he is clearly more dangerous, and has inconvenienced many people. Yet the law has probably given Mr Smith countless speeding fines and could have removed his license if he did it enough, yet Mr Jones gets nothing but an insurance premium rise.
-- Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It’s your flipping plane!"

Another dimwit wanker. It all makes sense now.

It's well known that the Americans and Irish are stupid, the Aussies and Jamaicans and French are laid back, the Italians and Spanish are hot headed, etc, etc.
--
A bird in the hand is always greener than the grass under the other guy's bushes.

...said the blow hard troll as he posted on the internet, which was created by Americans... Fuck off to your pathetic little podunk Queen-worshiping island where you belong, idiot wanker.

Who invented the television?
--
The symbol # is called an octothorpe.
(A whimsical creation based on the idea that the symbol looks like a village surrounded by eight fields)

Who invented the magical special snowflake life? You did! :-)

Either you're smoking weed, drinking alcohol, or American.
--
"Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts."

Actually I find drug taking to be utterly pointless, and I'm a New Zealander. But thanks for playing Mr Snowflake :-)

What?!? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I wasn't aware there were morons in New Zealand.

I am unfamiliar with this childish game.
--
Confucius say lion with small penis must compensate with mighty roar.

Went right over your head didn't it? Why do you like punishing people for something that didn't happen?
--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff

Are you really that thick, or one of the more worthless trolls we've seen of late?

Are you incapable of showing reasoning for your side of the argument? Again, if nothing bad happened, why punish anyone?
--
Sex drive: a physical craving that begins in adolescence and ends at marriage.

Doing the world a favour and killing off you ought not to be a crime. After all, amazingly no one has yet...

Still no reasoning. If nothing bad happened, why punish anyone?
--
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
"Why is it doing that?", "Where the hell are we?", and "Oh Shit!"

Hopefully natural selection will do it's thing sooner rather than later :-)

At town speeds it isn't nasty.
-- Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It’s your flipping plane!"

That must be why people die from crashes in town.

How many, expressed as a percentage? And don't include cyclists and pedestrians as they don't wear seatbelts.
--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

How much worse do you think a 70mph crash is than a 30mph one? If you think 70mph with a seatbelt is ok, you must think 30mph without one is ok too.
--
It's called "Windows XP" because its full name, "The Repair Shop and Help-Desk Full Employment Act of 2006", won't fit on the box.