They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

Page 11 of 16

Yep. Bye now, I'm bored with you.
βœ–

Troll, cutting my sentences short too now.
--
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh, he's homophobic too! LMAO! It's just too perfect :-D

βœ–

If he thinks gay is an insult, he clearly doesn't like them.
--
My sex life is so bad that when I called one of those phone sex lines,
a voice came on and said, "Not tonight. I have an earache."

om> wrote:

That's a clichι.

I have never trolled. I believe every single thing I write.
-- HELP WANTED: Baiters. Local fishing boats need 4 baiters to bate hooks for tourists. Must have strong hands and work hard. Good pay-$15 per hour, and benefits. After 6 weeks, 2 best baiters will be promoted to masterbaiters. Apply in person to Jon at the Gulf Marina.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You don't seem to know how to read quoted material or easily skip back through posts. Life is hard if you're a stupid, eh?

βœ–

You've already mentioned this. Se my other reply.
--
Interesting fact number 923:
Half the world's population has seen at least one Bond movie.

You can't remember or read what isn't snipped, but in fact quoted right there in JR's and this very reply from me? :-D

βœ–

It isn't there. I was referring to quite a long (6 line ish) paragraph a few posts earlier.
--
Interesting fact number 923:
Half the world's population has seen at least one Bond movie.
βœ–

Yeah, heh heh heh. It was perhaps the easiest guess I've ever made. You just know sometimes that a certain kind of fool will screw up with b, c, and d as well as a.

βœ–

In what way is not being pessimistic "screwing up"?
--
What's a Scotsman's cure for seasickness?
He hangs his head over the side of the boat with a pound coin between his teeth!
Mr Macaw wrote:

like texting at the wheel. Most accident occurs in a split second. It's a case of learn and live or learn and die(or maimed) Visit an emergency ward in your local hospital and look at the injured drivers coming in due to accident. Most cause is human error or negligence(like not wearing seat belt).
Add pictures here
βœ–

It's only stupid if you can only manage 4 things at once and not 5. Driving is NOT one thing.

Why should I protect myself against something that will probably never happen?
--
My memory sucks, so I changed my computer password to incorrect. That way if I forget it, it tells me "your password is incorrect".

Add pictures here
βœ–

People can quickly switch attention easily. They do not multitask well. It amazes me people still confuse the two. But you're a special snowflake. Normality doesn't apply to you.

You have to look for the gearstick?

And the world stands shocked, both at your arrogance, and ignorance of what a seatbelt in a car is primarily for :-D

Does one magically prevent head injuries?

If you had any reason I'd suggest you make a rational judgement call. But then you're the person who thinks you don't need to wear a seatbelt unless it gets bumpy :-D

An assumption born out by the above :-) But thanks for playing.

When the state is paying to put you back together or just keep you on life support, my vote is not to waste the money, and go after your estate for the damage you'll have done in your accident.

βœ–

actually, a cpu doesn't multitask at all. the operating system switches tasks really fast which gives the illusion of everything running at the same time.
only if there are multiple cores can two threads run at the same time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

All CPUS have multiple cores nowadays. But the illusion is fast enough anyway.
And humans multitask very well. Try walking and talking at the same time. Your brain has different areas dedicated to different types of task.
--
What did God say when he made the first black man? "Damn, I burnt one."

Add pictures here
βœ–

Nope.

Add pictures here
βœ–

It's s grey area. Does a computer multitask or switch tasks very very fast? In fact both computers and brains can truly multitask as different parts of the brain (or different CPU cores and the GPU) can be working simultaneously on different things. For example, if you're walking along, you can have a conversation with the person walking next to you, and still manage to make your footsteps correctly, and avoid any lampposts.

I was of course referring to your hand, which is the main reason they allow "handsfree" phones.

It's for nasty crashes, what else? And since those don't happen often (especially in town driving), there's no point in wearing one.

Yes, cycling is far too slow for a severe head injury to be likely. There's an EU country (Holland?) where they don't wear helmets, and their accident rate is LOWER. It's also been proven that cycle helmets actually offer bugger all protection.

Exactly. It depends how high I am, if it's raining and slippery, whether I'm using tools or just going up the ladder to the top and have both hands free.

Because driving is a very safe activity.

Your assumption was premature, you came too soon.

Oh dear, he we go. The classic mistake of confusing "should we have a national health service" with "force people to behave safely". If it's the cost you don't like, then simply privatise the NHS, or charge people for operations which were their own fault.
--
I remember your brother Jimmy, crying one summer's day,
"Why do you cry, young Jimmy?" I heard your granddad say.
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 20:16:49 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote, re seatbelts:

... until just as a nasty crash takes place :-) . HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

βœ–

Can't, not at 30mph.
--
If European immigrants voluntarily went to America and it turned out like that,
how come Britain sent a load of convicts to Australia and it turned out better?