Therrnostat Problem

I've got a White Rodgers thermostat (catalog # 1F80 261B) which contols the A/C in summer and the comfort heat in the winter. For no reason the temperature which I set turns on the A/C for one cooling cycle and then resets itself to the default temperature at 85 degrees. Any wizard out there have any thoughts on this puzzler. Thanks, Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Not familiar with your brand. If I manually adjust the temp on mine it will reset to default; unless, I press the HOLD button. YMMV.

Maybe the instructions will explain away to adjust the default values in your stat.

-- Oren

Oren

Thanks Oren, I did try that, but I'll try it again. JoeG

Reply to
GROVER

First off, you did try fresh batteries, right?

I'm sure you did, so my next suggestion is to try doing a full reset of the thermostat, back to factory defaults. It's usually done in a not so obvious way, so you'll probably need to dig out your instruction manual. (If you've lost it, you can usually find the instruction manuals online at the WR site,

.)

If a full reset doesn't fix it, it's probably going to need to be replaced.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Thanks Seth, I will download the instructions and give it atry. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

buffalobill

Thanks to all posters. I'm still working on the problem but with new optimism. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER