thermstatic valves

We havec recently changed our boiler from a conventional boiler to a condenser combi, feeding 7 radiators.The problem we are having is that the the rads are hot at the top but cool at the bottom. We have thermostatic valves on the rads and they sare all turned up full. Can anyone suggested how i can solve this problem. Do i need thermostatic valves on all the rads or can i change them

Reply to
Tony Kendall

Post to this group: UK.D-I-Y Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Aren't thermostatic valves meant to *lower* the amount of steam or hot water that reaches a radiator?**

Your problem is that you don't have enough heat, iiuc. The tops are hot because heat rises. Hot water and steam rise.

mm