Thermostatic Weather Head

Hi,
My heating system comes on whether its cold outside or not in the spring and fall, before it really gets cold.
Does anyone know if its possible to connect an external weather head to a home center type digital thermostat?
thanks
so what does it matter, it comes on where you set the thermostat

I don't know the specifics, but it can be done. The building I work in is like that. No heat unless the outside temperature gets below a certain point.
OTOH, it is cheaper and very easy just to move the switch on the thermostat to "off" until you know you want the heat on. Ed
The problem seems to be here in the NE for the first few months in the spring or fall my wife starts to complain that she's "cold". So the heating system is activated. The heat comes on in the morning but it turns out to be a warm day. They the whole family starts to open windows. A real energy waster.
I feel no one would complain if the heat only came on days that were cloudy and cool. This doesn't really seem to happen with a indoor thermostat.

You mean an outdoor thermostat that is interconnected to the units? Done all the time.

Yes, that's right. How does this work with a home depot thermostat?