Thermostat wire needed

Page 2 of 2
Not a humidifier. It's a humidiSTAT that goes next to my thermostat and needs a wire running from the thermostat back to the air handler. It can pick up 24V from the thermostat, but from there it runs to the "ODD" terminal on the circuit board in the airhandler. I wanted to do it nicely in case anyone ever followed me and said "What kinda wiring is this?"

Okay.
The humidistat is 2 wire. The thermostat is 4 wire (unless it's a heat pump). The humidifiers I've run use 2 wire with a dedicated transformer.
Does your system have a combo humidistat/thermostat?

carry a fraction of what a real supply store would have in stock.
The ones I have tried want to sell me the whole 250 ft. spool. I only need 30 ft.

How does this compare to the prices you've been quoted locally?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY60096242
$59 incl shipping for 250 feet - maybe you could use the 30' you need, and re-sell the remaining 220.
says...

Google is your friend... found this in about 30 seconds:
http://www.electricsupplyonline.com/prod/wire-thermostat.php
About $25 incl shipping for 30'. There are probably many other online retailers as well.
Go to an agricultural supply house. They sell 5 or 8 or 12 conductor wire for irrigation systems. They are for direct underground burial and 18 gauge solid.
Walter The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

I had googled many companies. Most all I found wanted to sell the 250' spool. Only one was willing to sell 30' and they wanted $10 extra for orders under $50.
So THANKS TO DOUG MILLER for that find. I have ordered my wire.
Chief Thunderthud.