Thermostat setting?

I just got a new furnace, and looked at the instructions for my Honeywell programmable thermostat. I found that the settings are different for my new furnace which is a

92% AFUE unit. The instructions tell how to set some dip switches on the back of the unit for high efficiency and lower efficiency furnaces. I got this set up ok according the manual and everything seems to be working ok.

I was wondering what the difference is between the settings. Does any body know? It doesn't say in the manual what the difference is. Not a big important deal, but I was just curious.

Thanks, Bill Gill

Reply to
Bill Gill

The dip switches control cycle timing of the heater. Modern time heat anticipator used to shut down the system early to prevent overheating the area.

Reply to
Stormy Weather

Could you amplify that a little? I'm not sure just what you are trying to say.

Thanks for the answer in any case.

Bill Gill

Reply to
Bill Gill