Thermostat question

I recently had an "Ace AT10-1141SA" thermostat installed in my garage. The range of the thermostat is 50-90 degrees. If I need to leave my garage door open for a while, how do I turn it off if it's colder that 50 degrees?
--
Billy Raaay

If there's no OFF switch on it, your best bet would be to simply install a wall switch beside the thermostat to manually override the thermostat and break the circuit.
[image:
http://images.fruitridgetools.com/Images/EAGCS215V-EA-NOBOX-2.JPG ]
Note that the above switch has the words "ON" and "OFF" molded into it's plastic toggle so that the circuit is made when the toggle is up and broken when the toggle is down. You'd do well to ensure that any switch you buy has that feature to make it easy to tell if the thermostat is working or not.
If your thermostat is only switching 24VAC, then you don't have to wire it like you would 120 VAC wiring. You don't have to worry about electrical connectors at each box's knock outs or using the proper wire. Ordinary twisted door bell wire will do.
--
nestork

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:36:59 +0000, Billy Raaay

Yes, or the heat will come on as soon as the cold air hits it.
My downstairs T-stat is in the family room. If we leave the door open for a few minutes to bring in groceries and stuff, the heat comes on. Once the door is closed and the air settles, it goes off again. Not a big deal for five minutes, but expensive if you open the garage for half an hour.
Billy Raaay wrote:

Doesn't that 'stat habe system off button or switch or such feature? Most 'stats, you can set it to heat or cool or auto(heat/cool) or off('stat is turned off, won't do anything)

I searched the Ace website but couldn't find that model number.
However, most digital thermostats have an Heat-Off-Cool switch. Set it to Off and it won't turn the furnace on. However, if it's still cold in the garage when you set it back to Heat, obviously it's going to call for heat.
On 3/30/2013 3:36 PM, Billy Raaay wrote:

thermostat, it'll be obvious. If it's heating only, you could cut a switch into the circuit, to kill it when desired
On 3/30/13 3:36 PM, Billy Raaay wrote:

What kind of heater/furnace does this thermostat control ?? Does that unit not have it's own on/off switch ?? If not, it should.

You would think that would be an essential feature of any thermostat installed in a garage. Few people would want to heat the garage all the time. If the thermostat lacks that, I would call up whoever installed it and complain. If it's a reputable company, they may offer to switch it for a real thermostat.
If not, I'd just buy a real thermostat and install it myself.