Thermostat powerful enough for my electric baseboards

I live in a house with electric heat. The baseboards have been there for many years and are working fine. The thermostat in my bedroom is not working well, the dial is very loose so you can't really set the temperature accurately at all. The thermostat is probably 30 years old. I want to upgrade to a programmable thermostat which I've already done in another of our bedrooms. My bedroom however is bigger and has two baseboards. One is 2500 Watts and the other is 750 Watts. The thermostat I bought says it's good for 1750W@120V - 14.6A and

3500W @240V - 14.6A My baseboards are wired for 240

It would seem that I'm ok using this right?

2500 + 750 = 3250 watts which is below the rating of the thermostat. And 3250/240 = 13.5 Amps...

So it seems like I'm ok...but I just want to check first.

Thanks

Reply to
MikeA

Yep, you are fine with that stat

Reply to
RBM

Wouldn't you like to put your entire house on setback?

Reply to
Michael B

house with electric heat. The baseboards have been there

What do you mean put the house on setback? Thx

Reply to
MikeA

a house with electric heat. The baseboards have been there

I think he means to use thermostats that have a built-in timer that allows you to program different temperatures at different times of the day/night.

Reply to
hrhofmann

The margin for error is a bit low, but it should be oke for some years. The next higher would be better though.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry