Thermostat Install

Just completed a kitchen reno and want to update the old dial type thermostat. I purchased a digital (non-programmable) thermo from local hardware store.
Honeywell rlv310a
Same one here:
http://www.honeywellcentral.com/product/0-85267-26450-1.html
The old one was controlling two baseboard heaters in the kitchen and working fine. I removed the old thermo and 4 wires...2 red and 2 black. The thermo was connected to one red and one black and the other two were morreted together.
The new digital thermo has 2 wires as well, so I just swapped out with the same wiring config and morreted together. I thought all was fine until I realized the heat just stays on. The manual's troubleshooting section just says its wired incorrectly.
Can anyone offer any guidance?
Joe
On Aug 3, 11:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry...should clarify a bit...
The old thermo has 2 wires. from the wall there was 4 wires...2 red and 2 black. The old thermo was connected to one red, and one black...the other red and black were morreted together.
Joe
Read Directions that came with new thermostat-- its real easy
On Aug 3, 9:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On Aug 3, 12:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Wow...never thought of that...you were so helpful!
The manual...which is really a sheet doesn't offer much help in my situation...hence the reason why I posted here.
Amazes me that people take the time to post useless posts like yours. Anyone else care to chime in..?
Joe
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Go to:
http://www.honeywellcentral.com/product/0-85267-26450-1.html
And ask them.
It did say that it is a 2 wire stat. When you disconnect the two wires does the heat stop?
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

message
That what I'll try...I shut the main breaker off for the house before I attempt anything. thanks for the advice.
Joe
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:01:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

So I have to ask, if the new one has no added features, why are you replacing it?
Save your money for your kids' college, your medical expenses not covered by insurance, and so you don't have to depend on your children for money after you retire. Or just give it to charity.