Thermostat for baseboard heater

Hello
I have an electric baseboard heater, providing supplementary heat to my bedroom for those cold Canadian nights. It started malfunctioning last year, and calling for heat all the time. It wouldn't shut off.
The thermostat appears to be broken. The thermostat is in the baseboard heater, not on the wall. It's one of those small round knobs near the end of the heater. I too it out. It's made by Therm-O-Disc. I found them online, but I didn't see any Canadian distributors.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a place online or in Toronto where these sorts of items are available. I did send them an email at their web site, but they haven't responded, and I suspect they don't care much about a single retail consumer who wants a small item.
Thanks
Harry Fine

I dont know about canada, but here in the US Menards sells universal ones. I have used them, and they work fine. I did have to drill 2 small holes for the screws, because the replacement screw holes was spaced differently. But thats trivial. As long as it works electrically. you can always do a little modification to make it fit. There must be some sort of building supply places, or maybe the local hardware store sells them. If not, maybe a local electrician has a new or used one to sell.
ߩ wrote:

Just found one at an electrical supply place. Same company, but they discontinued the other one, and I had to drill holes in the attachment plate, but it worked fine.
Thanks
041115 1554 - Harry posted:

Thanx for letting us know how it all turned out...