Thermostat Conundrum

Page 2 of 2

thanks Terry. The documentation that came with the tstat is pretty minimal and their web support looks even worse. I think I will try to call them to see what's up. Appreciate the ideas. Cheers, cc
The thermostat will sometimes have a heat anticipator, a small heating coil driven by series current in the thermostat control loop. Newer thermostats often "rob" power from the furnace in much the same way to light their backlit display, power their electronics, and / or keep their programmable memory contents. Some furnaces cannot source enough current to properly drive the required power needed by the thermostat.
Smarty