Thermostat adjustment

My thermostat at home is the type with a mercury-in-glass contact type. Besides the temperature setting, there is also another adjustment with numbers ranging from .18-.9. Can anyone tell me what this second adjustment is for? The house is using in floor water radiant heat system. TIA.

Reply to
Don Lee

That is the anticipator which controls temp swing, how even your thermosat will keep the temp. For a round honywell to the left gives more swing , more even temp to the right.

Reply to
m Ransley

Heat anticipator. It is an adjustment that controls how fast the system cycles. At a higher setting, the furnace will run for longer periods of time per cycle.

Reply to
John Hines