Thermoplastic/Torch/Mop?

I have a flat roof in So Calif. Several ponding areas, especially near HVAC ductwork boxes. I am considering Torch, Mop and Thermoplastic/PVC. What is the solution that is most impervious to ponding water? The ducts are set2-3" off the roof so not enough room to rerooof without removing them, and I do not want to go through this for a long time, or ever again! Help if you can.

water is not supposed to pond on flat roofs..fix that problem or chase it forever
my experience is with maint of a crappy flat roof section on a small portion of a garage (about 100 sq ft) all the roofers I spoken with suggested a re-framing to eliminate the flat roof section or use torch down
cheers Bob

forgot to mention, foor is in SoCal (OC)
Michael Roback wrote:

EPDM is for flat roofs - and can even be applied successfully by idiot roofers (like mine for instance) - or DIY.
Here's some info:
http://www.flatroofsolutions.com /