There's someone talking in my well

I have a 940 foot deep drilled well. Last week I removed the cap to check the wires because I know they can get brittle from age. When I looked down in the well, I heard someone talking. I thought it was just an echo coming off the pipe. That night I decided to look in there again, and once again heard talking, and even some hammering sounds. Over the weekend I decided to look again, and it was quiet. Today I took off the cap again to replace the rubber seal under the cap, and was shocked to hear talking and loud hammering, and even the sound of machinery down in my well. I have come to the conclusion that my well is drilled into a cave and there are people working down there, and they do not work on the weekends. I just wish I could understand what they are saying because it sounds like a foreign language, but the sound is garbled by the water sounds so it's hard to tell. My pump was shut off too, os that was not the sound.

Is this possible that my well is in a cave?

John

Reply to
jthenrey

Anything is possible, but I think that they are aliens and that you are in the Twilight Zone.

Reply to
Alan

You know it could be that sound travels much better through solids then air, but I like the whole Twilight Zone twist. Especially the whole *foreign language* thing.

Reply to
ng_reader

Does it sound like they're speaking Chinese?

Reply to
F.H.

Have another

Reply to
sleepdog

True story: A russian satellite was picking up an emergency locator beacon from a "downed aircraft" in the USA. I was called to locate the source of the signal. I traced it to a water fountain in a factory building that had nothing to do with aviation or aviation electronics. So weird things do happen when you get around water and water pipes.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

It's haunted. Get out while you can.

Reply to
scott_z500

Stop breathing that air from the well.

Reply to
BocesLib

It's the souls of your parents screaming back up at you from hell for doing all those drugs, dropping out of college, and becoming a janitor instead of the doctor or lawyer they wanted you to be.

Your parents are pissed because you've been mooching off of them your whole life.

A possible remedy is to shout down the well: Dammit Mom and Dad leave me alone, it's my life and I can do what I want!, then taking a big hit off the bong, and blowing the smoke down the well.

Look, you made your choices in life, and now you have to live with it. Get over it, move on, and quit complaining about it on usenet.

Reply to
Matt

when i was camping out in the middle of nowhere , no utilities,no people for a hundred miles, i was goin to sleep and i heard someone talking . it was coming,very very faint, from a old radio,,that had no power to it. .........what about that guy who picked up signals in his dental work...there probably is legitimate answer to your noises,,but first ,would you let someone else listen when you hear it to see if its just in your head? lucas

Reply to
ds549

Many years ago, I lived in my parent's house with an old gravity feed hot air furnace that burned coal, so it basically made no noise unlike powered equipment. There was a radio station antenna located about a mile or so up the street. When the furnace was on, I would be wakened early Sunday mornings with classical music pouring from my heat register next to my bed. Violins do not sound good when the sound is made by sheet metal piping, a cat fight sounds better. It was apparently a combination of heat, dissimilar metals touching and the close transmitter. Some people could hear it on their phones, others when they turned on an electric stove.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

piping, a

Easy to believe. Two dissimilar metals with a little corrosion between them is a perfect diode - the key ingredient of the old crystal radios. When it happens on a power pole the induced voltage from the power lines can make that joint radiate for miles like a transmitter.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

John, have you been reading H.G.Wells again? (pun intended)

Reply to
Backlash

According to Bob S. :

Water fountain? Generating a signal in the high MHz range?

The story I heard (radio, recounted by the person who had the "device" and had the stormtroopers banging on his door) was about a TV set generating the distress signal.

TV manufacturer "bought back" the TV to figure out why in hell their unit was generating harmonics in that frequency.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Sounds like there might be a meth lab nearby...

You probly should call the cops!!!

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

November 1980. In a 1300 acre, three-foot deep Louisiana lake, a contractor for Texaco began drilling an oil well. All was well for 1,227 feet (not much deeper than your well). At 1,228 feet, things began going very badly, very quickly.

The derrick started to lean. The five workers headed for shore, 300 yards away, in a small boat. They didn't make it.

A whirlpool quickly formed and began draining the lake. The whirlpool easily sucked up the $5 million Texaco drilling platform, a second drilling rig that was nearby, a tugboat, eleven barges from a nearby canal, a barge loading dock, seventy acres of Jefferson Island and its botanical gardens, parts of greenhouses, a house trailer, trucks, tractors, a parking lot, tons of mud, trees, and who knows what else, plus 1.5 billion gallons of water that seemed to magically drain down the hole.

Then a natural gas fire broke out.

The original workers, by the way, were unharmed - their boat just ran out of water before it reached the shore. They had to slog through the mud to get to dry land.

HeyBub

I saw that on the history channel.

They interviewed one old guy who was out on the lake fishing; and was just barely able to get away.

Oil drilling, a lake and a salt mine can never be far enough apart, it seems.

Reply to
Matt

So call your local tv station to get your 15 minutes of fame -- or to get hauled away to the funny farm. This sounds like a TROLL but it could be that someone nearby is talking into their well which penetrates the same underground cavern that yours does.

Reply to
Dave

things do

Yep, a fairly strong signal(had to be for a satellite to pick it up) at

121.5Mhz, carrier only, no modulation. Never did find out why it was doing it. Ran water for a while, kicked it, shook it, and nothing changed. After a few hours it quit on it's own and never did it again. Report stated "unexplained phenomena - no aircraft involved".

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Reply to