There is water under my house

There is water under my house. I always thought there was, and now I know that for sure now, because I finally dug a hole next to my house. When I got about 60 feet deep, the hole started to fill up with water. This is making me real nervous because if my house falls into that water, my family will get drowned and die. It took me and my sons over 3 weeks to dig that hole but the house is much heavier and could fall into that water in only seconds. We are staying in a motel until we can do something about this. What can be done about this and who do I call? Should I call the state or the federal government? I am starting to fear that I may never be able to live in my house again, and will have to demolish the house and lose all my equity in the home.

Reply to
hsteacher1988

turn the hole into a swimming pool

Reply to
Alan

Get a medium size terrain hook and attach it to a bulldozer. Hook the edge of the hole furthest from the house and pull it to a more suitable location. The water will follow the hole to its new location.

Reply to
PhotoMan

Line it with concrete - crawl in and build a door to cover yourself with. In case you hadn't heard : THE SKY IS FALLING - THE SKY IS FALLING.

Jim Mc Namara

A psychiatrist?

Reply to
Wade Lippman

This may be covered by homeowners insurance. Call the rep.

file a lawsuit against the government. I'm sure bush is to blame for this.

Reply to
ChairMan