The year we lose our TV signals

Why has this thread drifted from TV signals to politics? Perhaps it's that last couple of sentences the original troll threw in there about Bush. The only stupider person on this planet than George W. Bush is Alfred E. Obama.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Jim Elbrecht wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Before this thread turns entirely into a Nelson ratings on current programming I'll only add that the OP can go here to see such shows without paying additional money for a converter box:

Terri

blah , blah blah. liability... ya ok. resale. not an issue. more bs more bs bs bs bs.....

just go without tv then. you're too paranoid to watch it anyway.

Steve Barker

if the OP can't get cable or dish, i'm sure he was on a library computer posting his message. He CERTAINLY can't get internet at his house either.

Steve Barker

Dialup still exists. I'd probably give up Internet if I had to go back to it for more than very occasional emergency backup use, but it is out there. If somebody only uses Usenet, or the few remaining properly-designed websites that don't depend on Flash or similar useless toys, you CAN live with dialup. I've been on the 'net since the mid-80s, and only broke down and got DSL 2 years ago, when my ISP outsourced their PoP to a place I could only get a 28.8 connection to.

(There are days I think that I SHOULD cancel the Satt and DSL. 90 bucks a month would stay in my pocket, and I might actually make a dent in the backed-up household chores and several years worth of unread books and magazines.)

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

@199.125.85.9:

You wouldn't know the worst president in our history if he kicked you in your stupid ass. The city was a wreak before Katrina hit and should have been abandoned long ago.

Reply to
BobR

Seems that some people will look for ways to accomplish something while others will always find yet another excuse for not accomplishing it.

Reply to
BobR

e quoted text -

In respect to the concealed handguns in parks, the bear gangs are now under control.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Yep. In the late 80's 60 minutes did a story on unintended acceleration issues with the Audi. The Audi was finding great success in the US and Ford, who sponsored 60 minutes at the time wanted to break their success. They rigged an Audi with a device that caused the accelerator to jam when the car was shifted into reverse. It was later proven that the story was false and the National Transportation Board could find nothing wrong with the Audi. The 60 minutes program never admitted their fabrication and even repeated the story again after the facts had been uncovered.

A second episode involved the Chevrolet Pickup truck where it was reported that a side impact crash would result in an exploding fuel tank. After repeated attempts to prove the claims, 60 minutes could not get the tanks to explode so they rigged an explosive device to cause the tanks to explode. Again, they did not inform the public when they did their story but claimed the tanks exploded on their own.

So forgive me if as a result of these fabrications I can not accept anything or any story presented by 60 minutes as anything but a lie. If you can't trust every story they present, you can't trust any of them.

Reply to
BobR

Until recently it was a REPUBLICAN Congress.

Interesting how you overlooked that.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I am convinced that he has been drinking throughout his Presidency.

The crime is that it was hidden from the American People.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Generations and generations to come...

We are talking TRILLIONS and TRILLIONS.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

And like a credit card, someone has to pay it back.

That someone is you.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Correction...make that the REPUBLICAN Congress.

Wringers love to rewrite the truth.

When kids, they always blamed the dog for the smell too.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

My local police and fire dispatch are pretty happy that they will be able to use a dedicated frequency for voice and data communication. right now they have to share bandwidth with microwave ovens and cordless phones. The range is limited and there is a boatload of interference.

The old analog TV was a bandwidth waster for sure. It's about time they shut it down.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

Good point. Low power stations are not required to shift to digital broadcast.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

[...]

Big deal. They intentionally spent lots of hours and dollars to present fake journalism. BTW, the slowmo pics of the fireworks going off underneath the truck after impact to set off the gasoline was priceless. So, now, you think EVERY news story is fake, concocted, a put up, or a lie?

I'm with you.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

To be fair it was the democratic controlled congress who simply picked our pockets to come up with the bailout money that should never have been appropriated. The red and blue teams simply operate on behalf of a select few.

Reply to
George

"BobR" wrote

You wouldn't know the worst president in our history if he kicked you in your stupid ass. The city was a wreak before Katrina hit and should have been abandoned long ago.

reply: New Orleans has always been an entertaining sewer. Nature just pushed the handle. Finally.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You both ASSume way too much. If and when my satt stops working on a regular basis due to the trees, I will reposition the dish and run new cables, from a less-blocked location. And I'll do it in a way that won't get Dish to cancel my service, or bother the neighbors.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers