The year we lose our TV signals

Probably not. It's illegal to sell the coupons. Ebay searches show

500+ hits for converter box and none for converter box coupon. So, you'd have to buy a converter box with the coupon and sell it. It is however legal to give a coupon to a friend, neighbor, or relative.
Reply to
Ann

ide quoted text -

What a coincedence! I just happen to be a friend, neighbor or relative of every person who uses eBay.

I'll give a couple of them a coupon, and they can give me $15 because they are my friend, neighbor or relative.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Give it a try. My bet is that it ends up like this one:

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

Ann

Which means he found someone to buy it without having to pay eBay for it.

Reply to
BobR

And after all it's

on; =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD* Buy a

cable, satellite

=BF=BD It is

ebay routinely pulls adds of illegal or prohibited items

Reply to
hallerb

Sure it does. And the reason there are no current listings is that no one else has thought of selling their unused coupon on ebay.

Reply to
Ann

I had the problem of ordering the coupons as soon as they were available. Unfortunately they had a 90 day limit for redemption, but there were no boxes for sale within that 90 days.

People will just have to choose between buying the boxes at full price, buying digital TVs, signing up for cable or satellite which provide boxes with analog output, or giving up TV.

Reply to
SMS

Ann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@epix.net:

sure you can give it to them,BUT... when you use your coupon,they check your ID to ensure it matches the coupon.No match,no discount.

Reply to
Jim Yanik
[snip]

No HDTV is necessary to get the digital broadcasts. Any new TV (even a small one) has a ATSC (digital) tuner. Also, you probably don't need a new antenna (for HDTV or not).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I don't need to do any of those things. I'll just watch the extra-crappy low-power station :-)

Reply to
Harry L

I know of one TV station around here that plans to go back to the old channel after the transition.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

be not

Well I called my congressmans office, the lady called me back after not listening to my original question.

HAVE THE FREQUENCIES BEEN AUCTIONED OFF? AND IF SO FOR WHAT?

My point is why turn off channels TODAY, if reuse of channel space wouldnt be for years.

Congressmans rep is a class A jerk.

I said when people cant see their channels they will hate the government and be unable to watch re election commercials.

she said everyone hates us anyway.

the rep needs to find a new job! obviously her office pays lip service to those who call in, they dont care

Reply to
hallerb

My comment related to the number of coupons for converter boxes it was (under) estimated would be requested.

Reply to
Ann

Its a typical government project, Obama has called to delay shutoff:)

Meanwhile congress office reports analog bandwidth has NOT been auctioned off yet.no final decision on what services it would be used for either

Reuse for any service will take YEARS.

Reply to
hallerb

This is all public information. 698-806 MHz was divided into 5 blocks (A-E). The largest block (Block C, 22 MHZ) was purchased by Verizon Wireless.

George

I just saw that. At most, it would only be a temporary postponement to get coupons funded and to people who have applied for them.

Auctions have been ongoing. Last March #73, for 700 MHz closed, grossing $19.1 Billion

Ann

I know a lot of people who don't understand the digital changeover. Despite all the ads saying that if you have cable or receive your TV signal from satellite, I know a lot of people who got the coupons and bought boxes that don't need them.

Add to that the number of people, as some have mentioned in this thread, are getting the coupons so they can sell them and make a couple of bucks. There goes two big reasons that the money for the coupons ran out.

YK

Reply to
YouKidding?

"YouKidding?" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.sover.net:

you can't sell/transfer them;the store checks your ID against that on the coupon(card),and it's also illegal.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

They never checked mine. I used the coupons for two and paid the balances at Target. That was it.

Reply to
Cheri

"Cheri" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

WalMart checked my ID. They had to scan the card thru their terminal,too. I still have one expired coupon,and CompUSA is now selling a converter for $40.01(what I was waiting for...); I'm thinking of trying to use it,see if it goes thru.

Reply to
Jim Yanik