The year we lose our TV signals

And a liar.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:46:11 -0600, Robert

I watch DVDs from Redbox for $1 each. Don't need ComCast, dish, or other services that try to suck your wallet dry. Get news/weather from the Internet and/or radio, regular TV is too censored, sponsered, depressing.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (Robert) says...

Many stations are not broadcasting a digital signal, and won't until February. Other stations are using low power backup transmitters. When they turn off the analog signal, they will start feeding the digital programming through their primary transmitters, and your receptions will be as good as it ever was, except a lot clearer, with sub-channels.
I realize that things you don't understand are scary, but you should wait to complain until you see what you are getting.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

show me a cite they arent broadcasting digital at this time. the feds required all regular stations being digital over a year ago.
your info is way out of date
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 18:13:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Agree and disagree. Even the proponents of digital transmission acknowledged from the get-go that those already using an outdoor antenna to get fringe VHS stations would be unlikely to get usable digital reception. Also, stations aren't required to broadcast digital at the same level as they did analog. I've forgotten the exact number, but something like 15% aren't going to.
Otoh, there are a few stations that applied for and were granted exemptions from doing a digital broadcasting trial. One of the two stations I'll still be able to get falls in that category. Considering that it appear to be in borderline financial condition, I'm not expecting them to make the changeover date.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:46:11 -0600, Robert

You get South Park by antenna?

In 17 days now. It's one of the countdowns I'm displaying on my homepage (and the other is for the TV).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Well, I solved that by getting several antennas and conecing them to boxes, and they've been running 24 hours a day for almost a year. I have plenty of TV signals.

When I lived in the country, my wife wanted to get PBS (Dr. Who). So I found an old 10ft satellite dish, installed it in a lot of concrete, removed the LNA, and put a UHF bowtie at the focal point, ran coax to the house. We were able to get a suitable picture at three times further than their deep fringe area. In fact, we called them for a pledge drive and they held up three fingers to check to see if we were really getting the picture. We also had antennas hanging with yarn in our rafters. Sure beat having to fix them after a lot of weather exposure. When you live in a rural area, you do what you need to do.
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 20:26:09 -0800 (PST), Michael B

Very cool.

bush has approved of israels attack in gaza, and now a ground war.
israel figures make war while the war monger bush is still in control.

bush has approved of israels attack in gaza, and now a ground war.
israel figures make war while the war monger bush is still in control.
------------
Good for Israel. Hopefully the troublemakers in Gaza will be eliminated. Let's all hope that Israel continues to clean out Gaza when that new American leader is in office...

you may not be happy when the war spreads to a regional one, and sends crude oil price back up and gasoline is 6 bucks a gallon.
the area is destabilized and primed to blow

you may not be happy when the war spreads to a regional one, and sends crude oil price back up and gasoline is 6 bucks a gallon.
the area is destabilized and primed to blow
-------------
Personally when Oil was 140 a barrell I was worth alot more money than I am now. I'm not saying I want oil to head higher again, but when it was really high I was wealthier, at least on paper.

I cold buy a lot of gas for the $ 100,000 I have lost in my 401K and some other stock. That is not counting the other 20 to 40 K that I should have made in the last year or so that the stock has been dropping instead of making money.
Why has this thread drifted from TV signals to politics? Perhaps it's that last couple of sentences the original troll threw in there about Bush. The only stupider person on this planet than George W. Bush is Alfred E. Obama.
Steve

The area NEVER WAS "stabilized".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

you may not be happy when the war spreads to a regional one, and sends crude oil price back up and gasoline is 6 bucks a gallon.
the area is destabilized and primed to blow
And I should mention that I don't own a single oil stock or drilling stock etc etc. My investments involve little of the energy sector, but when oil was worth alot of money, the stock market was worth alot too. Expensive gasoline is no boogeyman to me.

When Israel isn't being rocketed,mortared or homicide-bombed,they are very peaceful.Wheh Israel withdrew from Gaza,they were "rewarded" with rocket,mortar attacks on nearby cities. They HAD to blockade Gaza to keep Hamas from bringing in more rockets and bombs. After all,Hamas IS in a state-of-war with Israel.Blockades are legit during wartime.And yet Israel STILL supplies electricity and other humanitarian aid to Gaza.(and gets more rockets in return...)
Let's hope Obama doesn't sell out Israel.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Nosey f'er. Gettin' kind of personal.
Voters in San Francisco, Calif., have a chance to rename the Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant to the George W. Bush Sewage Plant, now that a proposal has qualified for the November ballot. "It's typical San Francisco crazies," grumped the chair of the San Francisco Republican Party. The Presidential Memorial Commission of San Francisco, which proposed the name change, also suggests that residents served by the plant perform a "synchronized flush" as a "fitting monument to this president's work." (San Francisco Chronicle) ...Actually, the word they actually used only sounded like "fitting".