The truth about Home Guy's home

"...do Canadians ever threaten to move to America? Not really. They just move here.

"According to a report by Statistics Canada about 167,300 Canadian residents moved to the U.S. between 2001 and 2006*. That?s about 33,000 per year. By comparison about 9,000 Americans move to Canada each year, and the U.S. has nine times as many people. "

There's a psychological syndrome that seems to be in play here. It goes like this: When you're miserable compared to someone else, you can feel relatively better off by finding faults in the other.

It's sorta "I'm OK, You're Not."

Reply to
HeyBub

Yes there is.

Let's explore it by posting some additional information from the story you linked to:

=========== Update, June 29th, 2012:

The Statistics Canada report provides data from both the Canadian census' Reverse Record Check (RRC)?the data cited in the piece?and the American Community Survey (ACS). The American Community Survey estimates that, in 2006, 73,000 people residing in the United States lived in Canada one year earlier; 34,000 of those people were born in Canada.

Do emigrants from Canada to the U.S. stay in the U.S.? For 2006 the RRC data suggests that "approximately one-third of emigrants from Canada to the United States intended to return to Canada". ============

How many retired Canadians LIVE in the US -> vs how many working-age Canadians move to the US (and bring their families) to work and live in the US and/or become US citizens?

There are a shit-load of retired Canadians that spend more than half the year living in the US. Technically they can say that they "live in the US". Keep that in mind in the context of the story that you quoted. Those people hang on to their Canadian passport and maintain legal links to Canada for one very important reason: HEALTH CARE. They'll return in a second when they get sick.

Second, look at the update. Half of the so-called "Canadians" that "resided" in the US in 2006 weren't even born in Canada. And a third of all "Canadians" that moved to the US intended to return to Canada.

So none of this helps to make your case that proportionately more Canadians become US citizens than vice-versa.

And while you're here, you haven't responded to this:

===============

HeyBub wrote:

Remember this thread?

======= Subject: Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:53:43

The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of the United States as a ?battlefield? and allow the U.S. Military to arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial. ======== Now do you want to take your foot out of your mouth and formulate a cogent response to the new law that your congress has just passed? And you might want to look at the USA section here:

Home Guy

Hi, It all depends who you are. I just happen to choose to live here in Alberta. Having spent years working for U.S. military as civilian I am OK with U.S. too. I just don't like too crowded environment. U.S. and Canada is inseparable friends like twin brothers. I feel sorry for anyone who can't be happy and content with themselves. He always blames or picks someone else for his unhappiness.

Alberta is very friendly, highest per capita income, no sales tax, lowest income tax, business friendly place. We are celebrating 100th year edition of Stampede in Calgary , come on up for all the fun.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I never said, or implied, that Canadians become U.S. citizens. In fact, I didn't do anything - I just reported and linked to a factual story by others. Nevertheless, it is clear that considerably more Canadians move to the U.S. from Canada than the reverse.

The bill you reference, S1867 passed the Senate 93-7. It passed in the House, 283-136. It was signed into law by our beloved president, Barak Obama December 31, 2011.

You might actually, you know, "read" the bill.

SEC. 1032(b)(1) Applicability to United States citizens: "The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

Reply to
HeyBub

Ah yes, reminds of my old self-help book based on the theory of Gestalt Ramboism: "I'm Okay, You Should be Taken Out and Shot".

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

How many horses are you going to kill this year?

Reply to
Home Guy

Would that be Transactional Ramboism? It's been a while since I was in college.

I'm thinking a book from Dr. Eric Berne, "games people play".

.

Ah yes, reminds of my old self-help book based on the theory of Gestalt Ramboism: "I'm Okay, You Should be Taken Out and Shot".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Also known as "penis envy".

Reply to
krw

The animal control officer gave them back? I thought the Humane Society would have protected the poor creatures.

Reply to
krw

Why do you ask?

Is there a prize for the largest number? The most original? The most eco-friendly? For the one using the most native ingredients?

Does killing miniature horses count as a full horse killed or one-half a horse killed? Which possibility do you prefer?

Reply to
HeyBub

Dunno, maybe it's legal to marry them in Canuckistan.

Reply to
krw

You really are fixated on the male genital organ, aren't you?

Reply to
Home Guy

No, but you've made it abundantly clear you're fixated with ours.

Reply to
krw

Unpublished statistics show 71.3% of Canadians moving to the US know Home Guy.

Reply to
bud--

Does Canada have a Democrat party affiliated with ours here in The U.S.? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas