The theory behind the riding mower

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:45:19 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Did you even think about that before you posted?
Goedjn:

amen
--
Mac Cool

Steve,
There was a good article in Scientific American back in the mid 80s which made this same point about labor saving devices and "woman's" work. More time is now spent cleaning the home because the standards of cleanliness rose. Of course women do spend less time chopping wood for the stove nowadays.
Dave M.

I don't think so. Judging from my grandmother, you had to keep an extra person in the house full time, just to sweep. That's the REAL purpose of extended families.
Steve B wrote:

I've got a robot that cuts my lawn. Apart from the couple of hours that was first required to set it up 3 years ago, I spend about 60 seconds cutting my lawn.
Some time saving devices actually do save time.

What model is it?