The state of our country

Well as of now whats your opinion? We have the war in Iraq, congressmen on the take, the feds monitoring every phone number we call, every internet keystroke and e mail, no doubt theres a master database for each ands every one of us.

A national ID card is sure to come to stamp out illegals. combing a AVID chip refering to our retina scan, photo, fingerprints and SS number, and DNA sample. That avid chip could be easily used to ID people as they pass by any location.

Now we know the feds have black prisons, approve of torture, permanent detention without due process.

basically is Bush doing a good job?

Reply to
hallerb

Negligible unemployment, roaring economy, lower taxes, no terrorist attacks since 9/11, and so on.

All in all, I'd have to say America is in better shape.

Reply to
badgolferman

Hi, I know laughing is a good medicine. People like you provide that for other cool headed crowd. Thanks,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I can assure you that I'm quite a bit better off today than I was 5 years ago. No question about it.

Now, for folks like you working for minimum wage, it probably does suck. Of course, it's easier to blame GWB than yourself, isn't it?

Reply to
Dan C

My opinion is that you just want to stir up crap on a newsgroup. I'm sure the political groups would be happy to discuss it with you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Apparently you don't pay property taxes.

mrsgator88

Basically who cares? It's to late he's in. Politicians I don't lie except about lying.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Hmmm, I am outside U.S. Retired comfortably have everything I need/want.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Agree, unless GW is for hire to paint my kitchen, this is the wrong newsgroup. ;-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I spend a good bit of time answering questions on this board. if you dont care dont comment. sure its somewhat OT but so are lots of other posts. I just wondered what others who hang out think, and wether iraq will effect the next congressional election?

I am concerned someone hacking my wireless network could visit a p*rn site or terrorist connection and get me picked up, perhaps without duer process, without a search warrant etc.

heck they might torture me, to find out what I know which would be ZIP. The lack of concern for the loss of constitional protections has me very worried for the future.

heck if they can track so much why not just put microphones in every home? after all its for our protection.

Reply to
hallerb

Then you should know well enough to take the coversation to a group where it isn't off topic

Reply to
Noozer

Maybe he thinks the White House is in need of repair?

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

run for city council or county commissioner..that's who controls your property taxes.The question was is bush doing a good job? your property taxes are not controlled by him.I think property tax should be outlawed.Why should I pay rent to the government for something I already own?

Reply to
digitalmaster

As off topic as this is...

...you don't pay rent. You pay for sewer lines, and a paved street in front of your home and garbage pickup and snow plows, etc...

Although property taxes really should be based on the number of occupants, not the value of the home.

Reply to
Noozer

Lets not forget police, fire protection, schools (although that is a separate property tax in some areas), libraries, courts, storm water drainage system (separate from sewer - and REQUIRED in some areas)

All of our tax system federal down to local, is almost always a progressive tax. Those who can afford to pay more, generally do. Live in a big expensive house, the theory is, you can afford to pay more tax than someone living in a 750sq ft shack built in 1955 that looks like it is ready to fall down. You are by yourself in the 6000 sq ft mansion worth $2.5M, and 5 people share the 750 sq ft shack. Who should pay more tax??????

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Aren't you taking this a bit far? No US citizen has been arrested without a search warrant. Nor has any US citizen been tortured. If some terrorist was using my wireless network for illegal purposes and it were uncovered, I would expect to be questioned by the FBI.

The reason is, that tracking phone calls placed by number, but not actually listening in to the conversation, which is the latest issue, has passed the constitutionality test of the US Supreme Court. I don;t think anyone thinks putting mics in houses without a warrant would.

Reply to
trader4

I'm not the one fretting over the state of the nation. Actually I can see the bigger picture than the OP and henceforth am much more cool-headed. Now, if we could get ILLEGAL immigration under control I'd be even more optimistic.

Reply to
badgolferman

See alt.internet.wireless

I'd be more concerned about the 20 plus million veteran records being used for identity theft, after they were lost.

Heck they might even convict you of a felony. In that case, you still do not lose Constitutional rights, only civil rights - can't vote, own guns, etc.

The sound card in your computer can already be hacked and used as a listening device, as can your land-line phone.

Finally, any home repair questions?

Oren

Oren

When the SWAT team knocks down my door. What kind of replacement should I get??? (G).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

One with a "peep" hole.

Oren