The sand between my brick pavers washes out during rain, how to fix?

I laid a sidewalk and a patio in sand using brick pavers. Whenevr it rains I get little sand spatters on both. I would like to fix this. Will a sealer help? Will sweeping in a thin layer of sand and morter help?.
Specs: 4- 6 inches of #57 gravel (3/4 inch) compacted nicely, with drainpipe embedded, 1 inch of sharp sand for bedding, bricks, layer of sand on top, compacted again, sharp sand swept in gaps. Surface sand swept off ( Until it rains).
Keith
What kind of sand, yellow? That never works, I've tried it, too coarse. Around here we have something called "road dust" that's a really fine grey powder, not sure what it is. Probably from processing quarry stone or trap rock into different sizes. A friend recommended it because supposedly it actually stays in the grooves once it gets in between the bricks.

One trick i've heard of (but not used) is to sweep a little portland cement into the cracks. Essentially you are making a really weak concrete. Should be soft enough to scrape out with a stick, but strong enough to not be washed away.
I imagine it might reduce the drainage properties of the surface.. and it may have other consequences. Any masons out there know the ins and outs of this method?
--
be safe.
flip
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Likely you need a little finer sand. That said, I think any sand will do that in the beginning. Just keep adding a little and sweeping it in. Each time you will need less and eventually it will be down to once every few years.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit

I think that you should take out the bricks, and pour an 8" thick monolithic slab with rebar and fiberglass, and stamp and die the top to LOOK like brick.
A friend swept mortar into the cracks of his paving block driveway -- which he had constructed himself, but very professionally. It looked beautiful, and we're getting ready to test that concept on an enclosed patio to see if it will also help keep down any weeds that might try to grow in the cracks. -- Regards
writes:

Philip Lewis wrote:

I have also heard that, but I have not tried it. I would tend to think that it would work if the mix was not too strong and allowed for movement, which is the beauty of sand. As it freezes and thaws or moves in other ways the sand adjust. If repairs are needed a brick or as many as needed can be removed and reset.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
I had the same problem I've Use Polymetric Sand it will get hard and no longer will be removed when if rain http://www.techniseal.com/products.php?Id &region_Id=1&langue_Id=1
Remove the sand you have, replace with the polymetric sand like the one from Techni-Seal, put in the crack 1/2 fill then spay water on in let it dry for 4 hour then put another this is specialy for Paver
hope it help
where do you get it?