The PURPOSE of alt.home.repair

I stick around. I am an old man and enjoy the postings of other old men. Some day, you will be old too.

Reply to
Frank

| I gave up. | Have you found a good alternative? |

Alternative home repair group? No. Unfortunately, few people seem to know, these days, that this resource is even here. I have come across contractor chat when doing searches, but those are somewhat specialized and require becoming a "member".

Reply to
Mayayana

{smile} I like hardware stores, too! Or, I should probably say I had to learn to like them because the men in my family spent a lot of time there, me being with them when they wanted to stop there meant I spent a lot of time there, too.

I guess it helped because now all my projects I do are because of everything I learned while tagging along.

Reply to
Muggles

Please provide an active Usenet group where this is being discussed in either .politics or .religion

In case you have not noticed, all those groups are dead.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

I don't know about that. I googled "alt.politics" and got a few links to groups that sure seem to have some activity. Quality activity? I don't know (or care) but they don't seem "dead".

alt.politics alt.politics.usa.republican alt.politics.nationalism

I could go on.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I have used doityourself.com/forum in the past with decent results. Gardenweb has come up in searches I have done in the past with some good information. For plumbing you can't beat terrylove.com, and for tile work I recommend johnbridge.com.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

At times, I have searched & found some useful forums that are not usenet - so they require an email address to sign up. auto eg : Kia ; Ford Taurus. Also - I have a few Yahoo Groups that have been useful - very specific topics - eg : Elna sewing machines ; Necchi sewing machines ; WheelHorse garden tractors. Appliance repair is another topic I have searched & used. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I have been online for 20 years and alt.home.repair is the best home repair forum I have found bar none. No commercials. Real people with good advice and who actually know what they are talking about. Block the spammers and goofys. MUCH help here from people who have done things, rather than those who guess at something. There are good online forums, too, but this is where I always start. Very happy to stay here myself.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

How about homeowners hub dot com?

Reply to