The Mouse Is Winning The War

iF IT doesn't smell, don't they sell more of that insulation some where?

It seems like it would be easy to stuff it up the sides?

mm

Are you sure this wasn't from a Roadrunner cartoon?

mm

I agree with you, but you may not believe me by the time I've finished. I have a home office and a lot of mice for a few months. Snap traps were not working. I would see the mmice run by the door to my office, either into that room or the bedroom next to it. Later I'd see them run out again. (Maybe it was just one mouse, but after I got rid of him, there were more, one at a time, after him.)

Anyhow, I caught one in the glue trap and it was very cold and full of snow outside, so I used an empty frozen vegetable box and scooped the mouse and trap into the box, and put the whole box in the freezer. I figure with the high metabolism of a mouse, he would be sluggish within a minute or two, unconscious a minute later, and dead by the time he was 40 degrees F. I did the same thing with the next two, and finally left the house 3 days later, and put them in the garbage.

I worried a bit about dander coming from the boxes, but I don't know what dander is and I was careful not to touch the boxes after I put them there. I hope I didn't get any, and it doesn't seem to have hurt me.

mm

One more thing. They iddn't strugggle long, in my experience. A minute or two, and then they would just stop. Maybe they were thinking, about what to do next. They started up again when I tried to put each one in the box, and one got a hold of the box flap and wouldn't let go. I had a hard time shaking him off, and then I came at it from the other side. Then it was pretty easy like the other times. By the time I got downstairs to the fridge, I think they had each stopped struggling, afaic hear or feel.

mm

Thius is Turtle.

Oh My Lord , You have one too.

there was 3 cats in my back yard that cought a baby squirrel and was killing it. They had knocked one eye out and scratched him up till my wife got out there. So we have now a Baby squirrel in the Utility Room now to be cared for but doing fine. i like him because he was standing up to the 3 cat and taking them on.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

conventional mouse

ignores various

Use a raisen or hard cheese for bait, or maybe meat. Something firm enough that it cannot be removed without tripping the trap.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

My sister never had mice in her current house for 15 years until last year and then had 19. She caught them all using peanut butter on the spring type traps.

Best Regards, Morenuf

Reply to
morenuf

until last

butter on the

The O.P. obviously has had no such luck. If it doesn't work, you should try something different. Personally, I've never used peanut butter. I've caught multiple mice on one chunk of cheese or raisen.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

work,

The last time I had a mouse problem, in the garage, I set two traps after removing the attracting bird food. I had a couple occasions where I had more than one trap trip while I was in the garage for a short time. I caught 6-8 mice in 2-3 days, and the problem was gone. I believe that was using a bit of old salami.

Bob

Reply to
Bob