The Mobile Phones of the Future

The Mobile Phones of the Future A lot of research and development is going on to improve the quality and features of the cellular handsets,we use today.Nokia as the leader in mobile telephony is working to give new features to its customers.The future phones will be loaded with extraordinary features,like : http://www.smartphoneone.blogspot.com

I know that I'm not in the cell providers "target demographic," but all I want is a small, rugged phone with good battery life and signal strength. I don't want a camera or a music player or a pocket computer or any other add-on gizmos. Just a good, reliable phone. Is that asking too much?

Yes, it is apparently asking too much. The phone business is being run by children.
The Streets wrote:

Luddite.

If they wanna put something useful in a phone, give me the ability to turn the oven on remotely, so it's ready to cook when I get home. And, I want a DNA scanner, so I can identify living things, like in Star Trek. If I can't have these things, the cell phone companies can kiss my ass.
The Streets wrote:

Unfortunately most cellphones do seem to be targeted at teenage girls.
make charging cordless, magnetic, by putting phone in a cradle ...
ends charging port troubles permanetely
i too want a simple rugged featureless phone.
the providers want lots of fancy gimmics for more add on profts

Heads should roll at Motorola. Whoever designed the last generation of Star Tac phones was brilliant. Non-color screen, great sound quality, great battery life. So, they discontinued it. Idiots.

Amen, Brother!
aem sends....

So does anyone have any recommendations for specific phones that are really, really good at, ummmm, making phone calls? I've had it with crappy cameras, crappy MP3 players, crappy personal organizers, even crappier WAP browsers and all the rest of that, ummmm, crap.

The Motorola Razr or whatever the phuque it's called - I just got one from Verizon. It's pretty good, and they end up being fifty bucks after rebate. The menu system's stupid because it doesn't take into account the things you're most likely to want to access if you're out of diapers. But, that's to be expected.