The IDIOT sawed his car tire

I have a friend who is a mechanic. He said a guy came in his garage with a car tire with a saw cut halfway across the sidewall. It turns out the guy wanted to cut a couple inches off the bottom of a sheet of plywood. He stood the plywood against his car, and took a circular saw and cut the bottom of the sheet (yes, the bottom,. can't do it the easy way, and turn the sheet over and cut it off the top). Anyhow, he cut across his car tire and destroyed the tire. Worse yet, he even cut the rim, and ruined the bead. (I'd hate to see the saw blade). Anyhow, he brought the tire in and asked my friend to patch it..... Yeah, right !!!!! (My friend said he had to go hide in the office he was laughing so hard after hearing this guys story).

Everyday, someone reminds me we live in a world full of idiots.

Reply to
spamfree

if he turned it over to cut the top at last he would be driving a convertible right now instead of having a flat tire.

holy crap I guess the sparks weren't enough of a clue, or that rubber burning.

Every hour of every day just look around in here.

Reply to
William B. Ackerman

Ahahahhhaahaah

These Kerry/Bush voters are something aren't they?

Reply to
Colonel Polyps

Have you ever tried to cut a tire with a power saw? It ain't that easy. I guess (with difficulty) you could cut a gash in the sidewall, but the tread is damn near impossible to cut. The rim is easier to believe.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Well, he did not come in holding one of his cut off fingers wanting to super glue it back on.........

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Saw a bumper sticker that said "A village in Texas is Missing Their Idiot"

Reply to
F.H.

Yes, I have... (I used to work as a tire develpment engineer and we'd cut our prototype tires up to analyze them). They are pretty tough, but it wouldn't be *that* hard to cut the sidewall of a tire, especially if you were using a blade with fine teeth (like you probably would if you were cutting plywood).

Kemmotar

Reply to
Kemmotar

Or the Clinton voters....."It depends on the definition of cut?"

Reply to
UnFriendly Fire

Hmmm...SOunds like someone trying to create an urban legend.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I admit I voted for Clinton, only because he gave me a ride when I was hitchhicking in the early 1980's. In Arkansas it is illegal to be poor. Hitchhickers can be arrested. I marched across the US twice. But I did cheat a little.

voodoo disease 666

Reply to
Colonel Polyps

equalizer

In the seventies, I had a service station. You know, back when cars still had fender skirts.

A lady came in one day. Her husband had sent to have her tire valves "aligned". Seems he was tired of pulling the skirts to check the air in the rear tires. He instructed her to have us place all the valves at the bottom. This way he could check all tires without having to move the car.

Yeah, right. We were sure a practical joker was playing a joke on his wife. So we played along and "aligned" her valves. No charge.

An hour later, the car was back with an irate husband at the wheel. Couldn't we do as simple a job as "align" his valves. When reason didn't sink in, we "aligned" his valves. We then hosed his tires with water and had him drive a circle in the lot. He finally got it when we showed him the different radius tracks.

Did I mention he was an engineer at a Navy fighter manufacturer!

Reply to
Andy Asberry

I'm sorry, but this sounds like pure "Urban Legend" horse manure. The split second that saw blade punctures that tire, there is going to be one bigass bang, which would at the least scare the guy shitless. Far more likely would blow him (and the saw) about halfway across the room, from both the tire pressure and the startled reflex action.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Well, I suppose he might have only scarred the sidewall, and now has a visible embolism bulging on the side. I've had tires fail that way. And you

Reply to
ameijers

Oh my........ That's hysterical.

Thanks for the laugh !!!!