The honest plumber

...finally some good news...

"MANATEE [Florida] -- In his 50-year career as a plumber, Jerry Laliberte has found all kinds of things in walls and under floors: screwdrivers, flashlights, dead rats and squirrels, to name a few. But on Oct. 20, Laliberte discovered something most of us will never have a chance to touch: $20,000 in $50 and $100 bills and travelers checks."

"...The discovery left him with shaking hands."

Read more:

Reply to
Oren

This would have been _REALLY_ surprising if Mr. Laliberte was a politician, wall street banker, or used car salesman.

Reply to
Larry W

r. org- Hide quoted text -

Oh, if he was any of those three professions, the story would have had to been in a tabloid, because it would have been fictional.

Reply to
rlz

Oh, if he was any of those three professions, the story would have had to been in a tabloid, because it would have been fictional.

I live in the next county to Manatee and this story was on local TV. A lot of the bills looked as if they had come from a bank and were neatly stacked and banded.

All I ever found in the walls were empty beer cans.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

"Oren" wrote

You find all sorts of interesting things on a demo. I never found any substantial amount of money, not even any silver coinage. A couple of wheat pennies.

A demo paints a great picture of the builder and subs.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B