The HISTORY Behind Gun Control

Page 1 of 2
Back in the 1960s, Ronald Reagan was governor of California. He was IN FAVOR of gun control.
Back in the 1960s, the National Rifle Association was IN FAVOR of gun control.
Y'see, the NRA was a group formed after the Civil War in 1871 to teach soldiers how to shoot properly because soldiers couldn't shoot worth a damn. It is said that they wasted 1,000 rounds of ammo for each Confederate soldier hit, making the war last far longer than it should have.
WHAT CHANGED EVERYTHING was Oakland's Black Panther Party. Huey Newton and Bobby Seale had founded the Black Panther Party (For Self-Defense) after some brutal anti-black killings in Oakland. They felt they had to arm themselves. When Huey and Bobby went to Sacramento to protest a proposed gun law, they packed weapons into the legislative chambers, FREAKING OUT EVERYONE.
Due to racism against the Black Panther Pary, racists in the NRA took an anti-black stance and decided that if the Panthers could pack guns, they would, too. The pacifist NRA board members were overthrown in a coup and the current pro-gun NRA was established in 1969.
So, we have the Republican governor of California in FAVOR of gun control, and the NRA in FAVOR of gun control, until they learned that blacks might use guns to protect themselves against racist violence. So, in short, the NRA started a race war.
Nice going, NRA.
On 12/27/2012 6:30 AM, David Kaye wrote:

Bwahahahahahahaha! That has got to be the funniest P.L.L.C.F. codswallop filled rant I've heard all year. Regan was a Democrat back then you drooling dolt. Republicans in that era consistently backed civil rights legislation. I suppose you're one of those White slavery deniers too who has an apoplectic fit whenever someone points out that The KKK was spawned by and is populated by Democrats. I'll never understand how The Democrats have pulled the wool over the eyes of my darker skinned cousins in this country without them realizing that The Democrats have bought them and enslaved them all over again in a different form. O_o
TDD
On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:04:08 -0600, The Daring Dufas
-snip-

How do you do on this quiz? http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/reagan-obama-feinstein-gun-quiz.html
Jim
On 12/27/2012 8:19 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/reagan-obama-feinstein-gun-quiz.html
Back in ancient history, Regan was a Democrat before he grew up. ^_^
TDD

I was too until I started to make a living and raise a family and saw where all my taxes were going.
On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:32:57 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Yeahbut-- When he made several of those more reasonable quotes he was a Republican president [or former president- as in the first one from '94] and a *real* conservative-- a compassionate one, at that.
Jim

So? It's just his opinion, everybody has one, some are just more wrong than others
On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:32:57 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Isn't it hilarious when lefties saddle up with Reagan's ghost?

There are 7 Reagan quotes there. The only one that is inconsistent with the position of most gun rights groups today is his statement supporting the assualt weapons ban in 1994. Now the libs like to claim that Reagan was senile for his entire term, which has no basis in fact. But go figure. They dredge up an assault weapons quote from 1994, five years after Reagan left office and the same year he wrote his goodbye letter to the American people, informing them that he had Alzheimers. Shameful. Reagan was a lifelong member of the NRA, still a member on the day he died.
On 12/27/2012 9:27 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I can remember the late night TV Leftists making fun of the fact that Reagan had Alzheimer's disease. Those of the Left continue to demonstrate their character with such behavior. O_o
TDD
On 12-27-2012 10:47, The Daring Dufas wrote:

On Usenet, lots of people on both sides demonstrate their character with such behavior.
--
Wes Groleau

He that complies against his will is of the same opinion still.
On 12/27/2012 7:47 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

And some of them even post silly responses that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. Tangents into outer space are quite common. ^_^
TDD

Whoosh! Right over your head. Dufe you've gone from sock puppeteer to straight-up troll just out to make trouble and stir up a shi+storm with your partisan jabs. Here what I think Wes was gently trying to say:
You were complaining about people showing their character by badmouthing others at the same time you are badmouthing "Leftists."
Get it now? See the irony? While I don't want to put words in his mouth, I think he's saying you're a bit of a hypocrite, but saying it very kindly. So kindly you didn't even notice and needed to have it explained to you. (-: I'm always happy to help my Alabamian cousins understand complex or subtle things. They seem to struggle so hard with higher concepts. I suppose that's to be expected from residents of a state that ranked 49th in education spending:
http://blog.al.com/times-views/2012/09/alabama_fails_in_school_fundin.html
<<Alabama's state school funding cuts over the last five years will be deeper than in all other states except Arizona, where funding will fall by 21.8 percent.>>
You need a new state motto: "Alabama valews edewcashun!"
-- Bobby G.
On 12/29/2012 3:37 AM, Robert Green wrote:

Bobby is back with even more P.L.L.C.F. codswallop for your entertainment. You go girl! ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 04:37:36 -0500, "Robert Green"

More money does not mean better education. They are spending over $20,000 per kid here and we have results about like Alabama.

Don't leave out Mississippi in the dearth of education spending. Heck, I'm actually impressed by the lack of results in places where huge amounts of money are spent to educate children. How do they do it? Billions are spent on facilities and personnel to turn out uneducated morons, it's amazing. O_o
TDD
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:27:12 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Easy, throwing a Democratic party isn't cheap.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:27:12 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Same union
On 12-29-2012 04:37, Robert Green wrote:

No, I never say "Lots of people" when I mean just one.
--
Wes Groleau

“Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read
On 12-29-2012 19:09, Wes Groleau wrote:

And I never say "both sides" when I mean just one.
However, I appreciate your attempt at reason instead of the standard Usenet name-calling.
--
Wes Groleau

A bureaucrat is someone who cuts red tape lengthwise.