The Haunted Toilet?

Got any small children? They love to flush things and watch them "go away". If you have one - any chance one of them flushed the lid from a tin can? These lids can act like a flue damper in your toilet. They can rotate to allow a snake to pass one minute - then rotate again - and seal the toilet up tight.

Haunted? Nope -- but all the same -- worse than Linda Blair on steriods.

Reply to
Ron Silverman

A while ago I posted the question of what to do about a severely clogged toilet, and I got a lot of advice. Unfortunately, none worked. I couldn't find any kind of liquid stuff to clean out the toilet and I spent a lot of time with a plunger, a snake and an auger, but with no results.

Even though the money is really tight right now, after trying to solve the problem on my own for over a week, I decided to call a plumber. Couldn't get one for a couple of days for varying reasons. Finally, when one comes out this morning, he takes a look at and pretty much leaves because *now* the toilet is no longer clogged! It flushes, and clean water comes out and right down like there never was a clog in there at all. Go figure.

Has anybody else experienced something as weird as this?

Ron

-- "You see me now a veteran, of a thousand psychic wars. I've been living on the edge so long where the winds of limbo roar"

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

We recently went through a period of this sort of mysterious periodic "clog" . Toilet was the lowest unit in the system. It appears at this moment that the problem was roots blocking the sewer on the city side. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Maybe you had something blocking the vent stack on the roof - snow, leaves, plastic bag, animal.

Reply to
Al Bundy

People often forget this, but water is the universal solvent. Given enough time ans movement, it will disolve almost anything. This is especially true of matter that absorbs water. Eventually, it absorbs so much that it falls apart and goes down the drain. Plus, it decays anyway. Use your imagination. Clogs will often free themselves this way.

OTOH, if this was not the problem, then keep this in mind: problems that go away by themselves can come back by themselves. I suspect, though, it was just a matter of time until the water did its work.

Reply to
Alan

Reply to
John B

Been there done that. Plastic dinner plate. Had to rip up the toilet to get it out. Warned child. A month later, chip bag, same child. Luckily for the child, it self cleared. Recently, 13 yr old female. Sanitary pad. Was MOST grossed out when I ripped out the toilet and found out what was clogging things. Put it in a baggie and left it on her bed for a surprise. No more problems (though she had a total hissy fit).

Reply to
Andrew Neilson

It was a psychic plumber. He clogged your toilet and then mesmerized you into calling him. He magically unclogged the toilet before getting to your home. You paid for a service call and he didn't have to do anything. mmmm,think I'll write a book about this.

Reply to
Stephen King

Good plumber. Bad psychologist. She might never menstruate again, and you won't have any grandchildren.

Just my opinion. "Andrew Neilson" wrote

Reply to
John B

Darwin in action ;)

Reply to
John Harlow

When do you plan to 'evolve' into a human being John?:)

Reply to
Russell

imagination.

As Bugs Bunny once said,"Yeah, could be. Could be..." since there are no kids here and the only stuff going down the toilet as the organic matter it was designed for. Too weird for me. :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

Yes, self-clearing children are most preferred.

Reply to
modervador

Unless any females in the house do not know that little white mice shouldn't be flushed.... mine didn't... nor did some of our guests the night before it backed up into the basement. blah...

Reply to
Philip Lewis