The Groundhog is Dead / Winter Forever

Yesterday was Groundhogs Day. The groundhog came out of his hole and before he had a chance to see his shadow, Sarah Palin shot him. Because of that, winter will last forever.

LM

Reply to
letterman

Cute. But here's the true facts:

"Staten Island's famous groundhog, Charles G. Hogg, inexplicably bit Mayor Bloomberg during his annual holiday ceremony on Monday, drawing blood from the billionaire."

Mr. Hogg was heard to mumble something about firearms prior to the incident.

HeyBub

And despite the fact that the rest of the state was covered with clouds, Punxatawney Phil -- probably in the glare of television lights -- managed to see his shadow. Bill Murray was seen lurking in the background with a .222 and an 8x scope.

Reply to
Elmo

The funniest one I heard was on the last Bob Newhart series. Remember Larry and his brother Darrell and his other brother Darrell.

Larry said their favorite holiday is when that little furry creature pokes his head out of his hole and sees Darrell's shadow and we eat it.

David

Reply to
hibb

...and she looked damned fine doing...

Reply to
Sharp Dressed Man

"Sharp Dressed Man" wrote in news:gm9s9i$1md$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

How anyone can tell the difference between a ground hog and Palin, is a mystery.

Reply to
ktos

A groundhog can never be president.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:tIednZhzqPjsiBTUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Neither can a pig who wears lipstick. oh, sorry to insult a pig. ha.

Reply to
ktos