The great ethanol scam continues

Page 3 of 3
Bob_Villa wrote:

Sorry, but my idea of loving kindness is to not perpetuate the suffering. Change the government. Change the attitudes.
For example, it is self-destructive for communities to continue to grow water-intensive crops in areas subject to drought. The horn of Africa should be growing wheat instead of rice and trade the wheat for food products from Bangladesh or Indonesia. If the populace of Africa respond by saying "But we LIKE wheat," should I then be "humanitarian" enough to supply them with all the wheat they can eat?

And another reason, noted by the UN and many NGOs serving such areas is that the PTB (either the local dictator, the area warlord, or whoever) steals the largest percentage of the food for themselves or to sell to their "constituents". That is when they even let the UN/NGOs into the country. We could end starvation tomorrow, but I don't think there are enough troops in the world available to take over all of the countries that need to be taken over.