The great ant invasion of 2008

I have had very good luck making baits with whatever I see them eating, 12 parts food, one part boric acid. Those ants dissapear and the ones who come back don't eat that food. They got so specific they would only eat Purina the dog had in his mouth (tasted the saliva I guess) Then I baited that. Now I see an ant now and then but they aren't eating anything.
We do have a particularly nasty ant here in Florida (the white foot guys) that can throw multiple queens and when one queen dies there is another one waiting to take over. We even have some ants that will take in workers from another colony if their queen is dead.
I am sure ants will be feasting on the last mammal's bones when our time is up.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:19:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ants do the damndest things. The dog is in charge.
Mitch@_._ wrote:

You can probably get a few Horned Toads mail order.
Called the "Texas Ant-Eater," they live out of the way and gobble ants like mad.
Scary looking critters, though. (About the size of a frog)
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/thlizard/

The how will we handle the Horned Toad explosion? :-)
I watched a documentary about the Kane Toad crisis in Australia. Scary stuff.
Mitch@_._ wrote:

Might be a blessing in disguise, what with food shortages coming. Perhaps sauteed with mushrooms? :o)
Norminn wrote:

Cane Toads excrete a posion. For all I know, they are entirely posion in a toad sack.

Buffo toads in Miami; excrete and kill dogs that pick 'em up. They were introduced by ships in the river.
Watch out for walking cat fish; Ft Lauderdale, circa '76. BTDT!

That's OK. I don't eat toad shit.