The good, better, best fenceposts.

I am in extreme South Louisiana. Wanting to build a fence. One side will be 6' high (100' long). One side will be 8' high (50' long). I am using metal panels for fencing. The kind that is so popular for roofing. What is the best recommendation for fenceposts. Schedule 40 pipe, cemented. 4x4 treated wood, or 6x6 treated wood. How far in the ground? Gravel in the bottom of the holes? Because of our humidity, rust is a problem. But also, rot in wood...so it's a catch 22. Any suggestions? Perry
Perry wrote:

How about concrete posts? Make a few wooden forms and pour a bunch of posts. Don't forget to embed some kind of tie wires or bolts to attach the panels.
Can you still get creosote 4x4's?
Bob

Metal panels, South Louisiana, Hurricanes, hummmmmm seems risky to me. I would be talking to some local contractors first. Wind loading might be a problem.
My guesstimate for the metal schedule 40 posts is 2-2.5 feet deep for the 6 footers and 3-3.5 feet deep for the 8. Pour in a bit of concrete and then put the post in (3-4 inches). Make sure that the post is filled inside with the concrete. I would pour it a bit runny to be sure.
Chain link and slats might be less of a wind load.