The Florida *Gun show loophole*

Page 5 of 5
On 06/22/2016 09:13 AM, Robert Green wrote:

I've shot a few USPSA matches and have seen what an average club shooter can do. I'm not very good at it but I also know what my times are. What's the firing rate of a Black Mamba? As fast as you can squeeze the trigger, right? What's the firing rate of a Springfield Armory XD-9? As fast as you can squeeze the trigger. Double taps, after the first shot you have to wait for the sights to fall down on the target. Takes about .30 seconds for me, but as I said I'm not very good.

He worked for a private security firm for a number of years. Presumably he'd never seen a similar firearm before? Don't need to practice? Try it sometime. Your first mag change you'll probably jam the mag in backwards and stand there wondering what to do next. FTF? Duh, what do I do now?
He was well-armed but certainly not

If you're talking about the United States Marine Corps, you wouldn't have found a platoon when the 2nd Amendment was ratified.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2016/0616/After-Orlando-shooting-gun-sales-to-LGBT-people-rise
Yup, gays are banding together -- in the Pink Pistols.
http://www.pinkpistols.org/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/20/lgbt-gun-rights-group-sees-membership-skyrocket-after-orlando-shooting/86147114/
The gays have figured out that when you call the cops, they're going to mill around outside for a couple of hours waiting for the shooter to die of old age.
says...

I remember being at a gun show and there were lots of the SKS. The price depended on how much grease they had on them. In a wooden box filled with them and grease they were about $ 70, somewhat cleaned up $ 80 and in a box with a manual and almost no grease similar to most guns they were $ 90. I opted for one of the $ 90 guns as I thought it was worth that much not to have to deal with all the grease. Those were the much better made Russian ones. Sold it a few years later and got a China SKS that was made to take the AK type of magazines. Think I paid about $ 130 for it. The magazines at the time were dirt cheap. Just a few dollars for 4 or 5 of them. Still have it, but have not shot it in a long time. Back then the ammo was about $ 100 per thousand rounds. Not sure what it is now as I have not bought any in many years, just sitting on around 1000 rounds if I ever want to shoot it.
Should have bought several of the SKS as the price went way up on them later on especially during that 10 year ban.

Yes, it is -- by people who either are ignorant of the facts, or have a deliberate agenda.
What you say is true: no background check is required for the sale of a firearm by a private individual to another private individual. But there is no "gun show loophole": the vast majority of sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers, not private individuals. And every sale a licensed dealer makes, whether at his regular place of business, or at a gun show, is subject to a background check.
On 14/06/2016 13:47, Doug Miller wrote:

BTW, I have no hidden agenda.

No, they never do, because most journalists aren't very knowledgeable about firearms or firearms regulations. And many of them are pushing an anti-gun agenda.

True enough. Yours is very open.