The electrical box at the end of a pool

is that 110 or something less for the pool light? I am looking for a cheap way to get an outlet to the back yard and thought this might work. But for some reason I thought this was not 110 there.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

It's probably 120 volts, but it could be low voltage as well. That circuit would be controlled by a switch, but it may be possible to pull additional wires through the same conduit to add an additional circuit

Reply to
RBM

Cool. I have no problem with it being controlled by a switch because it is probably an outlet I would only use 4-5 times a year (during parties and maybe for some leaf blowing in the fall) so I can turn on the pool light at the same time with no concerns. That's also why I don't want to mess with pulling more wires if I can avoid it. Thanks.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

An older pool may have 120 but a lot of newer pools will have low voltage there.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

NJ here with a 4 year old pool and the lights are 120V

Reply to
trader4

e is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

Interesting. Everything I see around here, NC, is low voltage.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

ree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

You would think that they would be changing over to low voltage, maybe LED. Sounds like a good app. I'd prefer it for obvious reasons. But, when you're installing pools saving a few $$$ is probably the main concern...... On the other hand if some of the installing companies were smart, they could make the fact that they use low voltage a selling point.

Reply to
trader4

I think the best way to know is to ask the people here or take the cover off and use a voltmenter.

I would have the outlet face away from the water with waterproof caps.

Reply to
mm

I am wondering how he is going to get out of that light J box. Usually all 3 ports have pipes in them.

Reply to
gfretwell