The dumbest thing I did this week...

Now, I gotta tell one on SWMBO, whose overall stellar qualities far outweigh her total antipathy about understanding technology one whit beyond what is absolutely essential for daily activities.

Last week she returned to our office from a meeting at a small college she consults for, normally about a two hour drive.

She arrived about an hour later than expected. She complained that while she was driving at the highway speed limit and even though it was raining, cars were "speeding" right by her all the way.

You guessed it guys, she'd somehow pushed the button on her Buick's dashboard which switched the speedometer from english to metric, and despite the little "KM" lit up on the speedo dial, she she kept the needle "at the speed limit" all the way back.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

What was she going, like 35 mph in a 55 zone, something like that? And she didn't notice she was going really slow. Lucky she didn't cause an accident.

I hope she's not required to make important decisions where you work. She doesn't seem to be very intuitive. Heh.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

That's what's so amazing about her Nancy. She has no real understanding or desire to learn about how technological things work, but was gifted with extremely good intuition when it comes to people skills.

She started her for-profit business 28 years ago. It currently has over

70 allied medical professionals and teachers working for it, and she's still making all the important daily decisions.

Shameless proud hubby plug:

Peace,

Jeff

Reply to