The Daring Dufas

He's always been what I consider one of the Adorable Ones here. Long time contributor, so a bit of handwringing still not knowing what's going on w/him.

HeyBub's absence I've very much noticed too.

Reply to
Nelly W

Usenet is a dying medium. Virtually all of us have been cut off by our ISPs, and have had to find other providers. Groups that once thrived have withered and disappeared. I look around and neither my wife, nor my children, even knows that usenet exists, much less that the alter ego I choose to use to fight spam, is me, or that I read these groups. If I find a posting that I think would interest someone, I forward it, and when they receive it it is as an email. I doubt they research it and find out about usenet.

When my time comes, I think my last thoughts will be of something other than posting my imminent demise.

So when someone goes missing, my thoughts are that they have either lost interest, forgotten their password, or moved on. I think that is the nature of usenet.

By contrast, I participate in a web-based forum about events in my town, and they make us use our actual name, so someone is bound to note my passing and post it, so the others can rush over and steal my tools.

Reply to
"Not

Where ya goin, Willis? And of course yer "special" : )

Reply to
ChairMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Oren belched:

yer too mean fer a nose bleed to keep ya down........Good luck, though

Reply to
ChairMan

I'm not Morman and I don't pray but my best wishes are with you. And my condolences about your neighbors :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Back to TDD and HeyBub, has anyone heard/know anything??

Reply to
hrhofmann

Nothing?.....Really? : )

We never noticed