The cost of not doing maintenance

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/mitchell-park-domes-work-could-cost-up-to-75-million-b99666359z1-368082501.html
Milwaukee does $5 billion in tourist business each year. The domes are one of the many reasons tourists flock to our city.
Because the budget for maintenance was slashed the wonderful landmark is in disrepair.

I couldn't find the article, so I checked out the obits instead ..
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=constance-a-johnson&pid 7986168&fhid562
John T.
--- ---

It seems extremely unlikely to me that more than a dozen people a year would change their "tourist" plans because of the existence or non-existence of those domes. For the cost of fixing those things the city could instead spend the money on something that just maybe would actually be attractive to tourists, expand the zoo or something.
On 3/11/2016 8:34 AM, philo wrote:

On 03/11/2016 12:18 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

My dad took photos while they were under construction.
There is a lot of really good architecture here in town... hope they can preserve it.