The best day of my life.

Page 1 of 3

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

It goes back along ways. :-)

My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

scared half to death of me and that's working out real well for me. I don't hear a peep out of that that guy. Intimidation works

OK...stupid question(s).
If you don't have a problem with him, why have you intimidated him to the point where he's afraid of you?
If you don't have a problem with him, why has the misfortune related to his bimmer made this the best day of your life?
P.S. You have my sympathies if this truly is the best day of your life. How sad.

OK...stupid question(s).
If you don't have a problem with him, why have you intimidated him to the point where he's afraid of you?
If you don't have a problem with him, why has the misfortune related to his bimmer made this the best day of your life?
P.S. You have my sympathies if this truly is the best day of your life. How sad.
==== Nah--they are not dumb. I was thinking the same thing. And obviously it's not really the best day of my life. I'm sure that would of been back in my Rock and Roll band or Moto-Cross days.
I'd go into the story but it's kind of boring, but it ends with a weed whacker. :-)

.
At least then it would be somewhat ON TOPIC.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works very well in most cases.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Dunno about dogs, but those ultrasonic tapeless tape measures sure do a job on cats. Accidentally nailed the house cat with one, years ago, and he hid for hours. First time I ever saw a cat do a standing back flip and land running the opposite direction. Took a week before he would get anywhere near me again.
--
aem sends...

What brand? I need another. Mine died. I use them on real estate surveys, and a lot of times, they sure come in handy. They have some that are real spendy. I'll try that next time on the dogs, too.
Steve

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!
cheers Bob

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!
cheers Bob
== I'll tell you what really works:
http://www.barkingdog-4less.com/barkingdogcollars.aspx
But you'd have to have your neighbors cooperate.
All that I have to do is show it to my dog and she shuts up.

I have a corgi. They are smart. When we put it on him, he would just go lay in the corner like a slug until we took it off, never doing anything lest he got zapped. And I mean for days.
Steve

I have a chihuahua. They are stupid. Really stupid. She does the same thing. I really don't have the heart to use it on her anymore but the damn thing works. I think those collars are more appropriate for large dogs.
Did you ever see if it works on yourself? It would really suck to use it on a dog next to a dog that didn't have one on that continually barked. It might cause some serious psychological damage.

Why?

I would of thought the same thing but my wife brought it home. Now I love it like it's my kid. They have a bad rep., but to their owners, they are the sweetest dogs. They make decent watch dogs too. But mine are exceptionally dumb. I have two and I love them to death. I never thought I would, but go figure. I came from a typical large dog family. The really bad thing about small dogs is their teeth tend go bad quickly because they are so small. The good thing is they tend to live longer than large dogs.

You're supposed to get them onto the grill before they get old & tough.
JimT wrote:

My mom brought home a toy poodle when I was in grade school. My dad's first reaction was "Why did you buy a g-- d--- sissy dog?". Few months later it was "Does daddy's boy want to go for a walk?"

Pictures of one of our rescue mutts. The other's intake picture looked as bad, but we didn't get that picture. They're a couple of nuts, and a lot of fun.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler /
Steve