Thanks (was Dark Kitchen / Track Lighting?)

Thanks again for all the suggestions I received. The kitchen is mostly white, so unfortunately a paint job won't do the trick. I'm still leaning toward the track lighting, since no one seems to think that it's a completely crazy idea and I like the direct task lighting that will give (with the caveat about using floods rather than spots well heeded). There are several units available that will hang no lower than 7' 6".

Mark

Reply to
Quidnunc

Sorry I missed the original post. The one thing you will have to worry about with track lighting in the kitchen is grease/dust accumulation on the heads. Yesterday I cleaned mine (6) and it was pretty grotty. About 5 months. I usually try to get them every three months but well, y'know.

I'm using floods but I also have under-cabinet lighting. The track is to light specific areas of the kitchen, not work surfaces.

Best,

Marc

Reply to
MrAoD