Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

Page 3 of 3
Home Guy:
I'm going to say what others think, but don't say.
One of the biggest reasons why the US is a target for terrorists is because of it's staunch support for the state of Israel. Muslim countries (like Saudi Arabia and Iran) that support the Palestinian people know that they cannot win a military victory against Israel with the US backing it, so they covertly fund muslim groups to launch terrorist/guerilla attacks against the US (and Canada and Britain).
So far as I know, no country in the EU has allied itself with Israel as strongly as the USA, and that's the principle reason why Europe isn't the target of muslim terrorism that the USA is.
However, I do remember a few years back where a bus load of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria was bombed. If I recall correctly, the bus driver sensed something wasn't kosher and told the tourists not to get on the bus. It blew up empty.
There I said it. I expect people understand that this is the elephant in the room that everyone seems not to notice.
--
nestork

On 3/2/2014 9:09 PM, nestork wrote:

Makes sense, to me. Would be a lot worse for USA if we had a bunch of Muslims in power, elected. Who were doing things like cutting funding to the US military and telling the various TLA to respect the privacy of Mosques.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/2/2014 5:45 PM, Homo Gay wrote:

So tell me Homo Gay, what has your government done to investigate and keep Islamic radicals out of Canada? Does your RCMP keep a close eye on investigate people from The Middle East? That's where the majority of the radical Muslims are coming from. Are there Imams in the mosques there in Canada preaching death and destruction toward of any of the nonbelievers in Canada and in The United States? It seems to be a common behavior by many Imams and the Muslims who are not radicalized tend to keep quiet about what they see and hear of their brethren who wish to attack and kill the Infidel. Perhaps those Muslims who would come forward and notify authorities about radical Islamists fear they themselves will be killed in the name of Allah? o_O
http://preview.tinyurl.com/lv9s36q
TDD

Ah harken back to the days of the forming of the Conch Republic (grin)
but what they conceal is vital."

YOu can tell it is summer in Indianapolis when the pool is open and the Conch Republic flag is unfurled at Casa Ullman. One of these days I may have actually saved enough to get a CR passport.
but what they conceal is vital."

I am displaced CR citizen in so many ways. If all things were possible, I'd be living in Marathon for much more than 9 weeks a year.

Of course. I think I may also put a CR consulate plaque on my house one day. Of course, Kay is not so sure she wants to indulge this particular wish... (grin)
but what they conceal is vital."

Nah. We head from Marathon to Port Everglades and a cruise. Then we tend to meander home visiting friends, relatives and wineries along the way. The seafood would somewhat less than fresh by the time we made back up North.

I wanted to put the plaque next to the front door.
but what they conceal is vital."
Home Guy wrote:

Hi, Home Guy, you know that tariff between prrovices arre more complex than between friendly U.S. and Canada, after all even with FTA.
While using improper usenet message composition style, Tony Hwang unnecessarily full-quoted:

That is probably only true for beer, wine, liquor, and tobacco products. Maybe for fuel like gasoline, diesel and natural gas. And the fed gov't has mentioned removing tariffs on alcohol between provinces.
For everything else, for anything you can hand off to UPS or Fedex or the post office, there are no such tariffs between the provinces.

Believe me, that is not something you want. The UK is awash with criminals, dropouts, jobseekers, health tourists and benefit seekers from shitholes like Romania. Not to mention the Middle East and North Africa.
com> wrote:

You mean the EUSSR?
On 3/2/2014 7:18 AM, Homo Gay wrote:

Homo Gay, what the heck has the invasion of Ukraine by Russian troops have to do with the relationship between The United States and Canada? Absolutely nothing you idiot. There are no Americans living in Canada who are rioting and waving the American flag, demanding that parts of Canada be annexed by The United States. If you have ever really been mistreated by any American, all I can do is apologize and tell you that no one in my part of the country the people will treat you with respect and hospitality until you give them a reason not to. In your case, you will probably show your ass and do your best to antagonize the folks here and the people will first politely ask you to take it someplace else. If you don't comply with with the request to scram, there is a good chance you will wake up in the intensive care ward of a hospital. There are over 316 million people in The United States and I would suggest that you don't judge all Americans by the few who may have mistreated you. To me, you are an exception in your behavior and attitude when it comes to all The Canadians I've met and dealt with and I certainly won't judge all Canadians based on the calumnious demeanor you exhibit in your posts about Americans. o_O
TDD

No worries, I'll pick up the slack where you left off.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I could suggest that the Canadians obviously outsourced their ship maintenance to Carnival Cruise Lines... but I won't.
but what they conceal is vital.
On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 00:55:45 +0100, nestork

    Sweep it for bugs when you get it back. Discreetly.     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

nestork wrote:

All four of my great grandparents on my father's side were born in Ukraine (the western part) but only two emigrated to Canada after WW1. My father's mother was thus born in Canada. My father's father was born in Ukraine and also emigrated to Canada well before WW2.
On my mother's side, her parents were Slovak and I think also at least half of her grandparents, and they (my grandparents and at least two great grandparents) also emigrated to Canada before WW2.
I visited Moscow and Kiev and Czechoslovakia for a month back in 1978 as a teenager during a family trip. We brought lots of consumer goods to give away, and I felt pretty cool being around other kids there - wearing my Levi blue jeans.
But growing up, I never got a clear sense of Ukraine in terms of east vs west, or "true Ukrainian" vs Russian-Ukrainian. Same goes for my dad.
'Home Guy[_3_ Wrote:

My father (before he died) told me a great truth: Who hates Communism the most? Is it the Generals in the Pentagon? Or the investment bankers on Wall Street? Or the Bishops and Archbishops in the Vatican? No. It's the people that have lived under communism. They're the only ones willing to risk their lives to be rid of it. Every year, prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union, there East Germans risking their lives trying to get across the Berlin Wall.
--
nestork

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 02:07:22 +0100, nestork

    Communist dictatorships and right wing dictatorships are indistinguishable from one another, from the point of view of the citizens that live there. Fsck Wall Street, the American generals and the Vatican.     I lived decades under a right wing dictatorship, and if someone can point out any differences from communism, I'd be surprised.     Ukraine was a democracy. WAS. It is now a right wing Nazi-Fascist dictatorship.     []'s